Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Whenever we aren't together she's always and I mean always on Facebook. Yeah it does bother me a lot because I really don't know how someone can be on Facebook 24/7 just constantly scrolling down the newsfeed unless there talking to somebody. But what bothers me most is that she won't text me back for ages than if she does she will be very blunt or just completely ignore what I said on the previous text.

I've tried telling her about this but she starts saying loads of stuff like I'm trying to control her, I'm being too clingy and obsessive. That's really not the case at all. Just find it so rude and ignorant to just be on Facebook all the time and barely text back or make an effort. When's she with me she will go on it for like 15/20 minutes but just bothers me more when we're not together. So how did I stop it from bothering me and playing on my mind?

ReputationRep:
    She can do what she wants with her free time.

If she's on Facebook for 20 minutes at a time when you're supposed to be doing something together, then yes that's pretty rude. But it sounds as if you're complaining that she uses it all the time when you're not around, and really that's up to her. Trying to stop her doing what she likes with her free time sounds pretty controlling to me.

Get a new girlfriend with actually hobbies and passions rather than a girl who has been lobotomized by social media.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes people show up on fb if they have messenger even if they're not actually on facebook. The app just logs them on and shows them as online.

I would do this; apologise for being clingy [even if you feel like you aren't being clingy], take a step back. RESIST talking to her endlessly.RESIST asking things like 'why won't you text back'. I'm a terrible responder, doesn't mean I don't care, just means I forget. Maybe she's the same? RESIST staring at Facebook. She's probably just got her laptop on, or phone on.

I know it's hard but if you take a step back, don't ignore her or anything just say things like 'I'm going to eat now' and log off of Facebook, do your own thing for a couple of hours, let her do her thing. Let her be the one to text you first. Don't be off with her, just let her have her time.

You might come across as clingy if you constantly ask what she's doing. Some people really hate that. If, after you give her space, she's still complaining, then I would consider why you're really in this relationship.

Give her time to miss you and make her want to be next to you again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Get a new girlfriend with actually hobbies and passions rather than a girl who has been lobotomized by social media.
    Well, this too. But I support the rights of the lobotomised to do whatever boring stuff they want.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.