Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't seem to find any information that clarifies whether EU students (and under which circumstances) will be able to apply for the government Postgraduate Loans.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by silverpeace)
    I can't seem to find any information that clarifies whether EU students (and under which circumstances) will be able to apply for the government Postgraduate Loans.
    See http://www.findamasters.com/funding/...ns-scheme.aspx

I’m an EU student, will I be eligible for a postgraduate loan?Yes, you can receive a postgraduate loan to study in England as an EU student. You will need to have been resident in the EU for at least three years prior to the beginning of your course. Periods of residency that are purely for the purpose of education will not count towards this three year requirement.As an EU student you will be subject to the same loan offer and repayment requirement as domestic applicants.More information on the eligibility of EU students for financial support in England is available in the Education (Student Support) Regulations 2011, specifically Part 2, Schedule 1.Note that EU students will only be able to receive loans to study a Masters at a university in England. This includes on-campus and distance learning options.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi silverpeace

The information we have so far is on here: http://bit.ly/1WZNkFr

Please keep checking on the Gov.uk website also for updates

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi silverpeace

The information we have so far is on here: http://bit.ly/1WZNkFr

Please keep checking on the Gov.uk website also for updates
    Thank you for your reply. I have been looking on these websites for updates but so far all I 've found is that:

"If you’re an EU national, but don’t normally live in England you may be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for a Master’s course at a university or college in England"

but no further explanation of the specific circumstances.

I will keep checking.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.