The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Thetankman
Oh nice, are you finishing undergrad this year?

Actually I gratuated in june 2014 :lol:
I did one year at a Paris med school , failed , did it again , failed again (and were so ****ing-damn close) My grades were good but I did not wanted to be a dentist or a pharmacist so I dropped out to apply abroad :smile:
What about ya ?
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
Actually I gratuated in june 2014 :lol:
I did one year at a Paris med school , failed , did it again , failed again (and were so ****ing-damn close) My grades were good but I did not wanted to be a dentist or a pharmacist so I dropped out to apply abroad :smile:
What about ya ?

Unlucky:frown: I could picture some of my med friends in a few years' time.:u:

I am just finishing sixth form this summer and going to university.
Unlucky:frown: I could picture some of my med friends in a few years' time.:u:

I am just finishing sixth form this summer and going to university.

Yep. Med studies in here are really different than in UK. The first year is competitive , we were 2500 and they took 331 .. Hard :P I was 500th tho :/

Nice ^^ what are you gonna study at uni ?
Yep. Med studies in here are really different than in UK. The first year is competitive , we were 2500 and they took 331 .. Hard :P I was 500th tho :/

Nice ^^ what are you gonna study at uni ?

Wow so all the rest are just gonna fail? That's so tough. Don't worry Czech is a really nice place tho:smile:

I am going to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics, although I might take a gap year.
Wow so all the rest are just gonna fail? That's so tough. Don't worry Czech is a really nice place tho:smile:

I am going to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics, although I might take a gap year.

331 go in medicine, ~100 in pharmacy, 30 in dentistery, 30 physiotherapist , 20 midwifery
All other just fail :frown:

I was sad at first, but I realized that I was excited about going abroad , and I like to travel so it'll be an experience :smile:

Sounds cool ! I like philosophy :biggrin:

what are u gonna do during your gap year ?

Édit : gonna sleep right now, I'll answer ya tomorrow :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
331 go in medicine, ~100 in pharmacy, 30 in dentistery, 30 physiotherapist , 20 midwifery
All other just fail :frown:

I was sad at first, but I realized that I was excited about going abroad , and I like to travel so it'll be an experience :smile:

Sounds cool ! I like philosophy :biggrin:

what are u gonna do during your gap year ?

Édit : gonna sleep right now, I'll answer ya tomorrow :smile:

Philosophy is cool stuff:wink: I am more into politics though

The main reason to take a gap year for me is to reapply to Oxford as I got rejected this year. I will probably do some short-term study or work programs. I also like travelling:smile: Good night!
Philosophy is cool stuff:wink: I am more into politics though

The main reason to take a gap year for me is to reapply to Oxford as I got rejected this year. I will probably do some short-term study or work programs. I also like travelling:smile: Good night!

Aww I see ! I really hope it'll be successul next year then !! :smile:
Is Quebec a good place?
Original post by shawn_o1
Is Quebec a good place?

Québec ? I'm sorry I'm french , never been there :smile:
Québec ? I'm sorry I'm french , never been there :smile:

At least you heard of it, since it is the second largest French- speaking territory on the planet:wink:
Original post by shawn_o1
At least you heard of it, since it is the second largest French- speaking territory on the planet:wink:

Of course I heard of it ! But never been to Canada :cry2: I can tell ya about Paris if you want ! Did you came here :smile: ?
Nope <3

Really ?? *thinking about my cell biology course -> défaut d'apopotose à l'état de foetus, amazing and fascinating* don't worry if you don't understand :lol:

4 that's great ^^ I started at 3, alone :lol: ( Actually I was a genius kid)

What is the longest amount of time you have ever stayed awake ?

Haha yes really! Though he says he is going to have an oppertation to get it removed
Wow thats great! I wish i was a genius XD

Ive stayed awake for 2 days straight before, what about you?

Have you ever fallen asleep in a class?
Original post by Warren95
Haha yes really! Though he says he is going to have an oppertation to get it removed
Wow thats great! I wish i was a genius XD

Ive stayed awake for 2 days straight before, what about you?

Have you ever fallen asleep in a class?

Haha reading at 4 is not bad tho :wink:

Same (thanks to studies .. Haha !)

Oh yeah haha many times, one time in college because I was sick, and euhhh 10 times ? At uni haha
You ?

Have you ever been admitted to hospital ?
Aww I see ! I really hope it'll be successul next year then !! :smile:

Thanks!:smile: Gap year should be interesting anyways, lots of time for travelling:wink:
Thanks!:smile: Gap year should be interesting anyways, lots of time for travelling:wink:

*___* where would you like to go :smile: ?
*___* where would you like to go :smile: ?

I don't really know yet, there are lots of interesting options.:smile: Do you travel a lot?
I don't really know yet, there are lots of interesting options.:smile: Do you travel a lot?

I see :smile: world's big right !

I do , I like to travel ! Never been really far tho , I've been to Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Algeria, Turkiye, UAE. My best friend invited me to Nouméa for the next month (she lives there) but I can't go cause I'm just getting back from Algiers :/ (and I have an exam soon lol)

What about ya ?
I see :smile: world's big right !

I do , I like to travel ! Never been really far tho , I've been to Spain, Italy, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, Algeria, Turkiye, UAE. My best friend invited me to Nouméa for the next month (she lives there) but I can't go cause I'm just getting back from Algiers :/ (and I have an exam soon lol)

What about ya ?

I haven't been to that many places either. I've been to pretty much all of western europe except iberia, but not really anywhere else. Oh and by the way I'm not British:smile:
I haven't been to that many places either. I've been to pretty much all of western europe except iberia, but not really anywhere else. Oh and by the way I'm not British:smile:

Great !! Sounds like a lot of places anyway !
Where are u from :biggrin: ?
Great !! Sounds like a lot of places anyway !
Where are u from :biggrin: ?

I certainly want to see a lot more:wink:
I'm from China:smile:

Latest