Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Hahaha I see :rofl: Now I haven't seen much of Led Zeppelin live, but I'm aware of how skilled a guitarist Jimmy Page is. I haven't seen that, but it sounds awesome!

It really has lost its way... No denying that When you compare then to now, just how much talent you had...and it did seem like everyone was unique! Plus I suppose you have to factor in that some of the things that happened back then had never been done before, you know... Like there was some revolutionary things that had never been done before in music, and now it's just all been done... Plus back then, you really had ERAS of music. Like the punk era, the 80s synthpop/New Romantic/New Wave thing, the 70s blues rock... It's just crap now I also feel like the fact that everyone is more politically correct nowadays could be a factor, like no one would be as edgy now as they were back then!

And if you thought I was referring to Echo and the Bunnymen, I actually wasn't :lol: I was just referring to bands in general, like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple etc.
    Haha - they were awesome! :awesome: I shall send you a link to that concert sometime!

I totally agree with what you are saying there, music is all a muchness these days And I see what you mean, there kind of was more influence back then than there is now, but music just sounds so overly manufactured and boring. Yeah, though I suppose there are a few controversial things around (butt done in the most offensive/ridiculous way that its either frowned upon or laughed at)

Oh right! I am so sorry for jumping to conclusions - I hadn't realised!

ReputationRep:
    HI! Again....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    Haha - they were awesome! :awesome: I shall send you a link to that concert sometime!

I totally agree with what you are saying there, music is all a muchness these days And I see what you mean, there kind of was more influence back then than there is now, but music just sounds so overly manufactured and boring. Yeah, though I suppose there are a few controversial things around (butt done in the most offensive/ridiculous way that its either frowned upon or laughed at)

Oh right! I am so sorry for jumping to conclusions - I hadn't realised!
    Oh yeah, they were! I just haven't seen as much live stuff of theirs as I have of other bands. Like their massive extended versions of songs Whole Lotta Love for 15 minutes or whatever

That reminded me of some of the lyrics in Heaven Up Here (song) - "But too much of a muchness is to much you hear" Yeah, it really has gone down hill nowadays...

Oh, that's alright

Amellia123 sorry I could not reply before ! :jumphug:
    I had a good time thanks :yep: we watched Batman VS Superman, half the movie was really really good, and the other half was .. Kinda expected and disappointing :P but I still had a good time ^.^

Were your math revisions good :3 ?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    I had a good time thanks :yep: we watched Batman VS Superman, half the movie was really really good, and the other half was .. Kinda expected and disappointing :P but I still had a good time ^.^

I wasn't expecting any of it to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Andy98)
    I wasn't expecting any of it to be honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hahaha by expected I mean it's a superhero movie ; battles & cie.. See what I mean ?
    How did you find the movie ?
    I was disappointed by Jesse Einsenberg (Lex Luthor) . Because he acts amazingly, but he was really really close to Heath Ledger (The Joker in The Knight) .. It was like Ledger came back from the dead :O !
    And Lex Luthor is faaaar away from The Joker in his behaviour ..

Whatever , I really liked the first part of the movie , because the psychological dimension was real. In the second part .. It was all about Mmmh .. Action ? :P
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Hahaha by expected I mean it's a superhero movie ; battles & cie.. See what I mean ?
    How did you find the movie ?
    I was disappointed by Jesse Einsenberg (Lex Luthor) . Because he acts amazingly, but he was really really close to Heath Ledger (The Joker in The Knight) .. It was like Ledger came back from the dead :O !
    And Lex Luthor is faaaar away from The Joker in his behaviour ..

Whatever , I really liked the first part of the movie , because the psychological dimension was real. In the second part .. It was all about Mmmh .. Action ? :P
    I honestly didn't think he was like Ledger at all, it's just Lex Luther is crazy so I think he did OK.

As for the structure of the movie, that's just how they work when they're based around comics. The first half is the story then the second half is the action.

Overall I loved it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I honestly didn't think he was like Ledger at all, it's just Lex Luther is crazy so I think he did OK.

As for the structure of the movie, that's just how they work when they're based around comics. The first half is the story then the second half is the action.

Overall I loved it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know Luthor is crazy , but not the same way The Joker is.
    And I knoooow that I just expected better.
    The Dark Knight was so amazing :ahee: and the psycho dimension is present in the whoooole movie :yep: (all the movies btw )

Cool ! I didn't I didn't like it:P just I expected better :3
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I know Luthor is crazy , but not the same way The Joker is.
    And I knoooow that I just expected better.
    The Dark Knight was so amazing :ahee: and the psycho dimension is present in the whoooole movie :yep: (all the movies btw )

Cool ! I didn't I didn't like it:P just I expected better :3
    That'd be because Dark Knight was directed by Christopher Nolan, this was Zach Snyder. They're both brilliant in their own ways, Zach is better at action and stuff, Chris is a better all rounder tbh.

The trick is to go into films not expecting anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Oh yeah, they were! I just haven't seen as much live stuff of theirs as I have of other bands. Like their massive extended versions of songs Whole Lotta Love for 15 minutes or whatever

That reminded me of some of the lyrics in Heaven Up Here (song) - "But too much of a muchness is to much you hear" Yeah, it really has gone down hill nowadays...

Oh, that's alright
    Haha I know what you mean There is actually quite a bit of Rolling Stones footage that I keep meaning to watch from the 60s (but keep forgetting!) 15 minutes of it?? :lol: And I though 10 minutes o Dazed and Confused was a long time

Haha ahh right - that fits rather nicely! And unfortunately yes!

Sorry, I didn't even mean it in a sarcky way - I genuinely thought you may have been referring to them!

That'd be because Dark Knight was directed by Christopher Nolan, this was Zach Snyder. They're both brilliant in their own ways, Zach is better at action and stuff, Chris is a better all rounder tbh.

The trick is to go into films not expecting anything

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know the directors.. And I'm just giving my opinion .. You act like I said something wrong xD

ReputationRep:

Hey Frenchie :hugs: aww don't worry about it!

That's brilliant!! Ooo I see - my sister want to go and see that! I can see what you mean really (it was kind of the same for me when I went to watch the Hunger Games) I'm pleased you had a good time!!

It was okay thanks after all - maths is maths!

That's brilliant!! Ooo I see - my sister want to go and see that! I can see what you mean really (it was kind of the same for me when I went to watch the Hunger Games) I'm pleased you had a good time!!

:lovehug:

Yeah go !! It's good anyway , and the start is just amazing , they have such a way to film it so .. WOW :O !! You'll see :yep: (I am talking about the first 15min , because It was really something , even if It was good anyway after that :P )

Haha I know xD what are you gonna revise today ? Hope you're doing well

ReputationRep:
    :lovehug:

Yeah go !! It's good anyway , and the start is just amazing , they have such a way to film it so .. WOW :O !! You'll see :yep: (I am talking about the first 15min , because It was really something , even if It was good anyway after that :P )

Haha I know xD what are you gonna revise today ? Hope you're doing well
    Oh right cool! I guess it important for there to be a good opening scene to draw you in :yep:

Haha maybe a bit - I'm volunteering at the farm this after noon so will only have to work this morning!! And thank you!! Do you have any plans for today? :hugs:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I know the directors.. And I'm just giving my opinion .. You act like I said something wrong xD
    Nahh I'm just saying what I thought

It's one of those films where you need to not expect anything, if you expect it to be like the others you'll be disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh right cool! I guess it important for there to be a good opening scene to draw you in :yep:

Haha maybe a bit - I'm volunteering at the farm this after noon so will only have to work this morning!! And thank you!! Do you have any plans for today? :hugs:
    Yesss \o/ !

Awww you volunteering at the farm ?? It's so cuuute !! What do you do :3 ?

I'm going shopping haha (I know I know, I go to shop a way too much xD)

Nahh I'm just saying what I thought

It's one of those films where you need to not expect anything, if you expect it to be like the others you'll be disappointed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And so am I

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know you know :mmm:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    And so am I

Spoiler:
    Show
    I know you know :mmm:
    Here we go again:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I know what you mean There is actually quite a bit of Rolling Stones footage that I keep meaning to watch from the 60s (but keep forgetting!) 15 minutes of it?? :lol: And I though 10 minutes o Dazed and Confused was a long time

Haha ahh right - that fits rather nicely! And unfortunately yes!

Sorry, I didn't even mean it in a sarcky way - I genuinely thought you may have been referring to them!
    Again I've seen hardly any Rolling Stones footage I need to watch more of their concerts too Well, that was kind of an example haha. There's a 26 minute and 53 seconds version of Dazed and Confused on The Song Remains The Same album!

Oh, it's genuinely fine Amellia I didn't take it as sarky in anyway at all, don't worry about it

Here we go again:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :innocent:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.