Turn on thread page Beta

I'm So Tired watch

Announcements

I'm always so tired. I believe this is a result of undiagnosed depression. (Please don't tell me to get a diagnosis, I am in a situation where I can't).

My days start off fine. I walk to college - I should add I am also anemic - however, after maybe 1 period, I am suddenly tired. This is not just everyday fatigue, at times I can't keep my eyes open and I don't really take anything in. This gets worse throughout the day and I just feel like I'm wasting my time at college.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I feel like it's really affecting my academic performance Any tips would be helpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm always so tired. I believe this is a result of undiagnosed depression. (Please don't tell me to get a diagnosis, I am in a situation where I can't).

My days start off fine. I walk to college - I should add I am also anemic - however, after maybe 1 period, I am suddenly tired. This is not just everyday fatigue, at times I can't keep my eyes open and I don't really take anything in. This gets worse throughout the day and I just feel like I'm wasting my time at college.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this? I feel like it's really affecting my academic performance Any tips would be helpful.
    I'm sorry you're going through this, I know you said you can't get diagnosed but if you ever have the opportunity to speak Tia professional, do so! It is much easier to deal with depression when you get the right advice and even talking to a friend or family member can really help. Other than that, I would suggest positive thinking, getting plenty of sleep and keeping active. As for your anaemia, you need more iron in your diet, I'd suggest spinach or iron supplements and, as I said, speak to a doctor if/when you get the chance. If your college has a health support aystmw, I would strongly advise you to speak to them, I know this is a tough time but i promise you it is temporary and you can get past it, you're stronger than you think you are, good luck!

(Original post by Blondie987)
    I'm sorry you're going through this, I know you said you can't get diagnosed but if you ever have the opportunity to speak Tia professional, do so! It is much easier to deal with depression when you get the right advice and even talking to a friend or family member can really help. Other than that, I would suggest positive thinking, getting plenty of sleep and keeping active. As for your anaemia, you need more iron in your diet, I'd suggest spinach or iron supplements and, as I said, speak to a doctor if/when you get the chance. If your college has a health support aystmw, I would strongly advise you to speak to them, I know this is a tough time but i promise you it is temporary and you can get past it, you're stronger than you think you are, good luck!
    Thank you! I think I might start running again, I used to be so sporty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thank you! I think I might start running again, I used to be so sporty!
    No problem, that sounds like a good time idea

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.