The Student Room Group

Favourite U.S. President?

Since the U.S. Presidential Elections are soon, I was wondering who all your favourite U.S. Presidents are. Personally mine would be Reagan.

*waits for an idiot to say Obama*

Scroll to see replies

Morgan Freeman in Deep Impact.
Original post by Cato the Elder
Since the U.S. Presidential Elections are soon, I was wondering who all your favourite U.S. Presidents are. Personally mine would be Reagan.

But he gave us 'bama phones and mo money fo dem programs!

Spoiler

The only semi-good ruler that presided over the US to any extent was King George III. Yes, he was as nutty as an insane asylum caked with squirrel feces and his poop was purple, but once you realize most, if not all, of American presidents were horrible people, that's what you're left with in the end.
Reply 4
Theodore Roosevelt

On a more serious note possibly Truman, saw the USSR for what it was and dismissed MacArthur despite Republican support for him.
Reply 5
Washington.
John F Kennedy

*waits for a top bloke to say Obama*

Obama. He's likeable, has a welcoming smile and approachable demeanour, and he fist bumps his wife.

I could give a flying toss about his politics. Is your best friend the guy with the nicest car and best job, or the funny, generous bloke who always supports you no matter what?
(edited 8 years ago)
Adams.

Oh my! Here comes the idiot! I say OBAMA. :tongue:
Reply 10
I can't really think of any decent ones, JFK is incredibly overrated by pretentious academics and it would be remarkable if someone with that background had achieved nothing, i'm far more partial to Nixon in that respect even though he was a crook, at least his foreign policy was clever. Reagan was a tickle down clown, Bush Sr might have been quite clever, I do remember him saying trickle down economics was voodoo. Probably the Roosevelts, Truman and Eisenhower, with Eisenhower being my favourite.
(edited 8 years ago)

President David Palmer, RIP
Taft ftw
Original post by Aceadria
Adams.

Sit down, you fat mother******!
FDR was the most personally interesting.
Original post by sweeneyrod
Sit down, you fat mother******!

I do prefer the original movie.
Jed Bartlet
I'd go for Raegon and Clinton. I like Lincoln (a ruthless fellow who once said 'if i could win this war without setting a single slave free i would') and Polk also deserves a big thumbs up for conquering Texas and taking a large chunk of Mexican territory.
bernie sanders
Original post by whorace
I can't really think of any decent ones, JFK is incredibly overrated by pretentious academics and it would be remarkable if someone with that background had achieved nothing, i'm far more partial to Nixon in that respect even though he was a crook, at least his foreign policy was clever. Reagan was a tickle down clown, Bush Sr might have been quite clever, I do remember him saying trickle down economics was voodoo. Probably the Roosevelts, Truman and Eisenhower, with Eisenhower being my favourite.

Can't agree with Eisenhower from a British perspective. His actions at Suez were unforgivable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending