Turn on thread page Beta

Holiday in Dubai watch

ReputationRep:
    Dubai is full of expats and other foreigners so it's very rare to actually see a gulf Arab wondering around. Obey all the laws. You are only allowed to drink alcohol at certain places where they have a license. Respect the dress code,they usually have a sign telling you what you can't wear in some places like shopping malls. People in Dubai aren't really sweet and lovely,there are extremely rude people out there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    My family and I are going on holiday to Dubai. I'm 16, male. I was wondering, if anyone else has gone on holiday there, how do you make friends with the locals. Would I be better off making friends with other English-speaking people? What are the local customs and how they apply to me as a teenage male? Do I make friends with them the way we do here like:

"Hey, are you on holiday here in Dubai?"
    "How do you like it here?"
    "Where do you come from?"
    "Are you at school?"
    "What subjects do you do?"

Is it best to do this at the hotel pool if there are other teenagers without friends over there? Will there be any problems if I attempt to make conversation with girls, since I know that it is a very conservative country?

What tips do people who've been there as a teenager have?
    Dubai isnt conservative country as rest of the world thinks...i was born and brought up in dubai and trst me you will have a really nice time
    but with local girls i would say be careful as some of them can be very rude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asmuse123)
    Thanks for the tips! I'm surprised the weekday starts on Sunday. Is the Atlantis waterpark safe?
    Dubai generally is a safe country, The waterpark is a montitored site and so its quite safe. There are hardly any incidents of theft, but just purchase a locker to be on the safe side.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.