Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to drop this friendship in the nicest/fastest way. Watch

Been chasing this girl for a while, and now its clear that i'm just a friend to her.. Hell if she made it any clearer she would be saying "your just a friend" straight to my face. Talking about other guys to me and talking about how she's been seeing this guy, which was a CLEAR sign.

Either way, time to move on for me which is going to suck massive **** as I liked her quite a bit. But how do I go about doing this? I mean i'm not going to be a **** about it, but I need to let go now as she's made her feelings clear, and frankly I dont really want to carry on a relationship where I'd cross oceans for her yet she would jump puddles for me.

Any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Dude... seriously? you aren't even in a relationships, just stop hanging out with her...

ReputationRep:
    it's shįt that you cant just be her friend.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah could you not just be her friend or would that be too painful seeing her with other guys?

ReputationRep:
    Lure her to Gotham's sewers, face her in a fistfight, break her back and send her to a remote prison in the Middle East from which she's unlikely to escape.

Or you know, talk to her.

ReputationRep:
    you stop talking to her and ignore her - that is the end to the friendship you had.

ReputationRep:
    Get a life. You can have a friend. If you dont want her as a friend, cut her out your life.

(Original post by flutterby-x303)
    Yeah could you not just be her friend or would that be too painful seeing her with other guys?
    Well as she's already with another guy its already killing me inside, at this point I dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well as she's already with another guy its already killing me inside, at this point I dont know what to do.
    It might be something you could get used to? It all depends on if you also value her friendship. Is she funny and a good friend as well if you get me? You never know you might meet someone better than her and then you probably will only see this girl as a friend. In that case you get someone special and at the same time you keep this other girl as a friend. It's a tricky situation I know how you feel.

There is this guy I like but I doubt anything will ever happen even though we have had history. I have found someone else who is better in many ways (it's just a crush at the mo) but I still can't imagine seeing the first guy with another girl.

ReputationRep:
    Forget about her. Message me your number. I'll help you forget

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.