EML26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
For A-Levels, I am planning to study Italian, ancient history, English literature and either geography OR philosophy&ethics.
This is my dilemma, I just don't know which one to pick. I know that i would ind philosophy&ethics much easier and (this sounds very arrogant, know) it would be a guaranteed A, where as geography would be much more of a challenge. I enjoy both the subjects a lot but geography would be a lot more exciting, and open up more doors, however i'm more likely to succeed with philosophy&ethics. Aaaahhhhhhh I am never going to be able to decide!!!

So yeah, I need opinions, thanks xoxo
Peppercrunch
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you did GCSE geography, the jump from GCSE to AS level isn't that difficult. If you're doing GCSE geography, especially AQA, there is a lot of overlap between GCSE and AS. 3 out of the 4 modules I did in AS was pretty much covered in GCSE.
You should be able to get an A if you memorise everything, as you don't really need to apply knowledge for the GEOG1 paper.

Now A2 geography is a much different story....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
38.14%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.79%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.19%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.74%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.89%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.25%

Watched Threads