Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! I'm a first year undergraduate Neuroscience student currently studying at the University of Sussex, looking to transfer to KCL. Here's where I currently stand:
    Sometime in December, I received an email from King's letting me know that my application is being processed, as well as my online King's Portal information. A couple days later I recieved a message through my King's online portal from one of the administrator officers, informing me to send an interim transcript as well as my overall predicted grade for my first year. I was able to provide a transcript, however I was (and technically still am) unable to provide an overall predicted grade. My school office informed me that they were unable to provide me with a predicted grade because 'The School office say that no predicted grades can be provided because there are no marks entered into the system for any assessed work achieved so far at Sussex. Thus, they can't extrapolate predicted grades'. I send this information over to the admissions office, who proceeds to decline my offer because I was unable to provide her with my overall predicted grade, however, they tell me that if I can send my predicted grade they will continue to process my application.
    At this point, I do everything I can to try and get a hold of my predicted grades, by sending emails and seeing the school office in person. My tutor is on paternity leave, and my school office tells me to wait until the 19th of Febuary for my results to come out.
    On the 19th of Febuary, my results come out and I make my way to the school office so they can give me a predicted grade. The school office tells me that they cannot provide me with an overall predicted grade because it's against the university policy. I make my way to my tutor, who has now returned from paternity leave, to tell me the same thing: that it's against the university policy to provide me with a predicted grade.
    As of now, I am unsure of what to do. I have tried everything I can in my power as a student to try and get a hold of an overall predict grade. My school is refusing to provide me with a predicted grade because it's against their policy and the admissions officer is unable to process my application because they need a predicted grade. Is there any advice anyone can offer me at the stage I'm currently at? King's college is an institute I have always wanted to attend but have been too afraid to apply for because of the fear of being rejected, up until last December. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the situation I am currently in. Thank you very much for reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrublet)
    Hey everyone! I'm a first year undergraduate Neuroscience student currently studying at the University of Sussex, looking to transfer to KCL. Here's where I currently stand:
    Sometime in December, I received an email from King's letting me know that my application is being processed, as well as my online King's Portal information. A couple days later I recieved a message through my King's online portal from one of the administrator officers, informing me to send an interim transcript as well as my overall predicted grade for my first year. I was able to provide a transcript, however I was (and technically still am) unable to provide an overall predicted grade. My school office informed me that they were unable to provide me with a predicted grade because 'The School office say that no predicted grades can be provided because there are no marks entered into the system for any assessed work achieved so far at Sussex. Thus, they can't extrapolate predicted grades'. I send this information over to the admissions office, who proceeds to decline my offer because I was unable to provide her with my overall predicted grade, however, they tell me that if I can send my predicted grade they will continue to process my application.
    At this point, I do everything I can to try and get a hold of my predicted grades, by sending emails and seeing the school office in person. My tutor is on paternity leave, and my school office tells me to wait until the 19th of Febuary for my results to come out.
    On the 19th of Febuary, my results come out and I make my way to the school office so they can give me a predicted grade. The school office tells me that they cannot provide me with an overall predicted grade because it's against the university policy. I make my way to my tutor, who has now returned from paternity leave, to tell me the same thing: that it's against the university policy to provide me with a predicted grade.
    As of now, I am unsure of what to do. I have tried everything I can in my power as a student to try and get a hold of an overall predict grade. My school is refusing to provide me with a predicted grade because it's against their policy and the admissions officer is unable to process my application because they need a predicted grade. Is there any advice anyone can offer me at the stage I'm currently at? King's college is an institute I have always wanted to attend but have been too afraid to apply for because of the fear of being rejected, up until last December. I would greatly appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the situation I am currently in. Thank you very much for reading.
    If it's against university policy, unfortunately you can't force them to give you a predicted grade- they should have told you this in the first place, obviously, but maybe it's a new policy or your tutor has just checked because it's not something they've come across before. If King's insist on having a predicted grade, you can't force them to process your application without one.

I think your only way forwards is to ask King's if they would consider you for a transfer after you have your first year results- or if you dropped out and applied to them next year, would they consider your application.

It sucks, but there's no way to force either uni to do something they don't want to. Sussex have no stake in losing you as a student, so I think all you can do is try and work with Kings to find a way around the issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrublet)
    Hi!! Im in the exact same position as you now. I also study neuroscience at Sussex and desperately want to transfer... Can I ask, were you successful in transferring??

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.