Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I kinda need to rant about some things.
    First, as you can see by the title, I'm kinda sick of myself. I hate my body, I'm 120ish lbs and 5 foot 6. I have no muscle and so I look chubby on the stomach when I'm a normal weight. I feel run down and tired all the time. I can't focus on anything. I just hate me.
    I have no motivation or means to change. My parents already think I'm too thin. I've been unintentionally restricting calories. Some days, I'll only have 1 meal.
    My depression is coming back, I have no motivation or drive to even get out of bed in the morning. During the week off, I slept all day (till 3pm) most days and even had today off because I did not have the mental energy to do back to college and deal with the same **** again. I hate the repetitiveness of school/college. I have no motivation/drive to revise even though I want to. I want to do these things but at the same time, I can't make myself do them.

Rant over

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxVENUSx)
    First, as you can see by the title, I'm kinda sick of myself. I hate my body, I'm 120ish lbs and 5 foot 6. I have no muscle and so I look chubby on the stomach when I'm a normal weight. I feel run down and tired all the time. I can't focus on anything. I just hate me.
    I have no motivation or means to change. My parents already think I'm too thin. I've been unintentionally restricting calories. Some days, I'll only have 1 meal.
    My depression is coming back, I have no motivation or drive to even get out of bed in the morning. During the week off, I slept all day (till 3pm) most days and even had today off because I did not have the mental energy to do back to college and deal with the same **** again. I hate the repetitiveness of school/college. I have no motivation/drive to revise even though I want to. I want to do these things but at the same time, I can't make myself do them.

Rant over

ReputationRep:
    Do some body weight fitness at home

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I_Mir)
    I wish it was that easy...

ReputationRep:
    120lbs, too thin?!?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you could start a project that excites you, interests you. A new hobby like filmmaking, art, music etc.

Maybe take up cooking! Making your own food is something special well I am a bit of a foodie, but that could be fun!

ReputationRep:

Rant over
    Hey, I'm sorry your not feeling well. I've felt pretty depressed at times and I had a pretty rough time at school. However my life is completely different now and you'd be surprised how quick these bad spells can get a lot better.

You seem to be very conscious of your appearance, and having just checked your bmi, your seem to be very healthy and verging on underweight! Be happy with how you look! Imperfections are what make us who we are

Also not eating enough is certainly going to make things much worse. Have a big breakfast EVERY day, and try to eat as well as possible: this is key. As a uni student who no longer gets fed amazing meals from my mum, I've learnt what an incredible effect it has on energy/motivation/allround-wellbeing. Please don't not eat because you're worried about your body image, you have to look after your head too!

Eating better will help with motivation, but the other thing to do is research. I was never inspired by school work, so I tried looking into the future, and what I might do. University/work/internships? What would you love to do? How can you make it happen? It won't be obvious what the answer is, but enjoy searching for it. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:

Rant over
    go to the gym or do some weights at home where most of us started

ReputationRep:
    You're not fat at all! 120ish lbs is pretty light for a 5ft 6er actually. Eating food will give you the energy to do things - you feel tired because you haven't had anything to eat. Try rice or pasta or slow-release carbs - they'll make you feel consistently better rather than just high for a moment. Making a mood board or poster or something with inspirational quotes and cute pictures can help get you back into a happier mood. It gets better.

Here's a picture of a cute sheep and goat to cheer you up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glassriver)
    You're not fat at all! 120ish lbs is pretty light for a 5ft 6er actually. Eating food will give you the energy to do things - you feel tired because you haven't had anything to eat. Try rice or pasta or slow-release carbs - they'll make you feel consistently better rather than just high for a moment. Making a mood board or poster or something with inspirational quotes and cute pictures can help get you back into a happier mood. It gets better.

Here's a picture of a cute sheep and goat to cheer you up.
    It's bad when you're a guy. If I was a girl, it'd be a perfect weight but I'm lacking muscle so its all fat.

ReputationRep:
    It's bad when you're a guy. If I was a girl, it'd be a perfect weight but I'm lacking muscle so its all fat.
    You'll not grow muscle if you eat nothing. Like others have said, you could also start a fitness programme/do weights. Or you could start running, which might be easier (and costs less lol).

ReputationRep:
    I have been in your situation and I know there's not much anyone can say to make you feel better about your weight, but I really recommend you speak to a counsellor (there are free services like Off the Record). It really helps to talk to someone about it and if you let things carry on they'll only get worse. Hope you feel better soon x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nicolesharp)
    I have been in your situation and I know there's not much anyone can say to make you feel better about your weight, but I really recommend you speak to a counsellor (there are free services like Off the Record). It really helps to talk to someone about it and if you let things carry on they'll only get worse. Hope you feel better soon x
    As someone who's never particularly worried about my weight, I really don't get that. You say there's not much anyone can say to make you feel better, but why? Given the lack of response from the OP I'm guessing our replies have been in vain, so your likely right.
    But our words of advice and concern aren't meaningless, their sole purpose is to help. So why would someone who's struggling not want to listen?
    I know this is a complex issue, at the heart of many conditions but perhaps you can help me understand.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.