Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I got offers from both, but not sure what to firm. I prefer Liverpool but heard Birmingham is a better uni and would still be happy to go Birmingham.

Liverpool- Business Economics ABB
    Brum- Business Management AAB

Is one uni better than the other?
    Is one course better than the other?

I did think Business Economics is a better degree to have but I heard Brum is better than Liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    In terms of league tables, birmingham is higher but I personally would pick liverpool over that university (not because I study at Liverpool myself lol), but because the city, the nightlife is way better than birmingham, and I find that its generally a lovely city to live in, and the university is great too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    In terms of league tables, birmingham is higher but I personally would pick liverpool over that university (not because I study at Liverpool myself lol), but because the city, the nightlife is way better than birmingham, and I find that its generally a lovely city to live in, and the university is great too
    Thats exactly how I felt when I visited. Was just a brilliant city. However, I didn't not like Birmingham, and my main concern is why Liverpool is so low down in the tables. Do the tables matter that much though...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjosborne)
    Thats exactly how I felt when I visited. Was just a brilliant city. However, I didn't not like Birmingham, and my main concern is why Liverpool is so low down in the tables. Do the tables matter that much though...?
    Nope, league tables shouldn't matter, just as long as you're happy where you're doing your course. I mean if I picked birmingham over liverpool, I don't think I would have been happier or met the people I have met

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maryamzahid)
    Nope, league tables shouldn't matter, just as long as you're happy where you're doing your course. I mean if I picked birmingham over liverpool, I don't think I would have been happier or met the people I have met
    Fair enough. Sounds like Liverpool is the way for me! Thanks for your help 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjosborne)
    So I got offers from both, but not sure what to firm. I prefer Liverpool but heard Birmingham is a better uni and would still be happy to go Birmingham.

Liverpool- Business Economics ABB
    Brum- Business Management AAB

Is one uni better than the other?
    Is one course better than the other?

I did think Business Economics is a better degree to have but I heard Brum is better than Liverpool?
    Birmingham University is better but I find Birmingham very depressing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    Birmingham University is better but I find Birmingham very depressing
    Most of the depressing parts are North of the centre though aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    I can't speak for Birmingham Uni but Liverpool Uni was excellent. It was a great mix between traditional and modern, had hundreds of sports teams and other student clubs, was home to a really good student union, and I had a great time in halls.

In terms of the cities, Liverpool wins for me. It has a brilliant nightlife, a massive music scene, loads of sport and loads to do - a very cool city with an illustrious history.

Whatever you choose, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MonopolyKing)
    I can't speak for Birmingham Uni but Liverpool Uni was excellent. It was a great mix between traditional and modern, had hundreds of sports teams and other student clubs, was home to a really good student union, and I had a great time in halls.

In terms of the cities, Liverpool wins for me. It has a brilliant nightlife, a massive music scene, loads of sport and loads to do - a very cool city with an illustrious history.

Whatever you choose, good luck!
    Yeah I preffered the city of Liverpool when I visited for sure.

Uni sounds great though! Thanks for replying. Pretty set on Liverpool now.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.