Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,
    Im currently 20 years old and wanted to get back into education, i had a plan but due to my fail in my maths gcse i could no longer follow that plan, was hoping for some help on where i could do my maths gcse to get into my social work access course.
    Thank you

    In most areas of the U.K. you will find an adult education provider that can provide free, one year, part time GCSE maths courses. It's too late to find one for this summers exams as they generally start in September.

    You can just use books or internet resources to revise, past papers to practice and then enter for exams as a private candidate. You need to consider whether you have the aptitude and motivation to do it. There is advice for private candidates on each of the examiners web sites. The entry deadline for this summer has already passed. This doesn't mean you can't be entered for this year but fewer centres will accept late private candidates and the fee will be much higher.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

  • Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.