• Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by etjayne)
    Passing time. What are you hoping to gain from your pointless post?

I must admit I am amazed at the mutual backslapping and praise going on about a moderate entrance exam and the portraying it as something special.
    I'm just trying to understand what would motivate a successful happy adult to come on a student site to apparently tell a bunch of 17 year olds that they aren't as smart as they think.

You do understand it doesn't reflect well on you? At best you're coming across as petty and insecure.

ReputationRep:
    And I have met people who did similar to what you just stated and they thought it was easy.

And so you have circumvented a banning by creating a new account? How mature. Now run along kid.
    I wasn't banned on the other account but that's none of your business. I'm leaning heavily on the side that I think you're a troll because you seem to be making up stuff as you go along.
    What 60 year old in their right mind would come to a website to bash 17 year olds and call them thick and stupid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I'm just trying to understand what would motivate a successful happy adult to come on a student site to apparently tell a bunch of 17 year olds that they aren't as smart as they think.

You do understand it doesn't reflect well on you? At best you're coming across as petty and insecure.
    Is that what Southampton teaches? Pop psychology bull? The cry of "You do understand it doesn't reflect well on you? At best you're coming across as petty and insecure." is just a throwaway line of nonsense.

And you are the last one to talk about petty and insecure - look at the list of ignored usernames on your profile? I just looked at some of those conversations and it was a case of you took your toys home and wouldn't play. I haven't seen one that was racist or misogynist as you claim - it was just they called you out for bad advice or lack of knowledge and you cried about it.

Ignore lists are for the immature or those too petty for their own good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kvothe the arcane)
    Perhaps she wouldn't do well at STEP. But isn't that simply because she doesn't put in the requisite amount of effort because she dislikes it? STEP probably requires hours and hours of practice and unless you like the subject or are in a high pressured environment where you're forced to take it, you're unlikely to put in the time that is needed to do well.

I'm sure there are plenty of 1st year (non Cambridge) undergrads who after having to step up their maths at University are capable of getting Ss at STEP.
    I think I could get her to smash the A-levels (eventually), but not STEP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    I wasn't banned on the other account but that's none of your business. I'm leaning heavily on the side that I think you're a troll because you seem to be making up stuff as you go along.
    What 60 year old in their right mind would come to a website to bash 17 year olds and call them thick and stupid?
    I am not 60 - I notice you keep raising that number,

And you falsely categorise what I have said. Does that make you proud are are you just struggling with English being your second language and all?

ReputationRep:
    I am not 60 - I notice you keep raising that number,

And you falsely categorise what I have said. Does that make you proud are are you just struggling with English being your second language and all?
    I don't care how old you are. You're old enough to be a grandfather to us on here and your behaviour is appalling. Also, English isn't my second language. I have no idea where you got that idea from.
    Clearly you're getting more nasty and so I've concluded that you are indeed a troll. This is the end of our conversation.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    And so you have circumvented a banning by creating a new account? How mature. Now run along kid.
    yes. Who would bother to do that :indiff:
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Is that what Southampton teaches? Pop psychology bull? The cry of "You do understand it doesn't reflect well on you? At best you're coming across as petty and insecure." is just a throwaway line of nonsense.

And you are the last one to talk about petty and insecure - look at the list of ignored usernames on your profile? I just looked at some of those conversations and it was a case of you took your toys home and wouldn't play. I haven't seen one that was racist or misogynist as you claim - it was just they called you out for bad advice or lack of knowledge and you cried about it.

Ignore lists are for the immature or those too petty for their own good.
    You'll find that racist and misogynist posts are removed from TSR.

ReputationRep:
    This is veering a little too off course now; closed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.