Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi actually was just wondering that my interview in Sheffield Hallam university didn't really go well. I wasn't as bad but I m just worried about it. I have applied for radiotherapy and oncology n really want to get place in Sheffield Hallam university. Is anyone who is been to interviews and are there any chances that they might not give me place

ReputationRep:
    There's always a chance that a university may not offer you a place, even if you are invited to the interview stage. It's completely normal to worry about your performance after an interview, try not to worry too much about it! After all, you said yourself that it didn't go terribly.

ReputationRep:
    Thanx, It wasn't perfect though but there was one question I was stuck with but still I managed to say at least some words but still worried dnt know what will happen but some one told me that if u r being called to an interview that means they wanna show you their university, is that true?

ReputationRep:
    The main thing is that you answered all of their questions to the best of your ability and by the sounds of things you did just that. After initially sifting through UCAS applications, universities will often just invite prospective studens to interview as another means for them to find the best candidates for the course. Stop worrying, I'm sure you did great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tuleha)
    Thanx, It wasn't perfect though but there was one question I was stuck with but still I managed to say at least some words but still worried dnt know what will happen but some one told me that if u r being called to an interview that means they wanna show you their university, is that true?
    If it's a proper interview, they want to find out if you are worth making an offer to. If it's an open day or and applicant day, they want to show the university to you.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    I wasn't there in the interview and I don't know their criteria so I can't comment on the likelihood of you obtaining an offer but good luck to you .

But it might provide some solace if I were to share my experience. I was in a similar position to you over December and early January when I was awaiting my decision from another university after an interview. I ended up getting an offer despite thinking my interview wasn't that good - perhaps mediocre at best.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.