Turn on thread page Beta

A levels as an adult and studying landscape architecture watch

    • Thread Starter

    Hi all,

    I wasn't sure whether to post this in the a levels or university forum, but here goes.

    I have just turned 21 and after attempting AS levels and getting very sick when I finished school in 2011 (I'm talking months in hospital) I failed. I then re-attempted them in 2012/2013, only to be diagnosed with a devastating illness. (I had great luck hey) this affected my results, so after many absences in my I received BCEE AS for my AS levels. My teachers wanted me to go back for A2 and I'm going to admit that after two weeks, I gave up.

    I have been working in a recruitment company for the past 2 years. I've recently started working at a new company thinking my old company was making me unhappy. I have realised that the problem is not the place, but doing something that I have no passion for. I'm getting severely depressed about it and I'm now desperate to return to studying.

    Landscape architecture is my passion. I want to do A Level geography, photography and art and design, but It only seems possible by distance learning providers. I would prefer to pay the extra and be taught at a college and have that face to face contact with a tutor. I didn't realise it would be this difficult, seeking somewhere to study a levels aged 19+.

    What are my alternative options? Enrolment deadlines have pretty much passed, if I opted form something like a foundation course in art and design to get me to into uni.

    For my GCSEs I received 8 A-Cs including maths and English.

    Many thanks in advance to anyone who can suggest something. I'm more determined than ever and my health is also fine now. I'm not money motivated and doing something I enjoy would make me he happiest person in the world!
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Your options very much depend on what you actually want to do at uni. I don't know anything about landscape architecture or what qualifications (if any) you need to do it, do you have a degree in mind? There is no age cap on A levels, if you want to do them at a local college then you can. There are alternative ways to get to university (click the link in my signature).
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.