Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your every waking moment is spent yearning for a feeling of joy that you can not recollect. Over the past eight years, I have been well accustomed to feelings of self loathing. You achieve in an exam? It was a fluke. Because every piece of work you do, every word you write, isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I have just received my mock results and I have to say, I'm feeling pretty disappointed in myself. 1 A, 1 Distinction, 1 B, 4, C's and 2 D's. Unsurprisingly, I messed it all up, classic me.

As night descends, negative thoughts flood my head. I am left pondering whether one day I will ever surmount to anything of any value, or will I just be left in a desolate bedsit in Wakefield wondering where it all went wrong. The latter seems most likely of course. My inferiority complex is the driving force behind my mistakes, my mind is always preoccupied with the crushing realisation that if my suicidal feelings escalate further, which undoubtedly they will, there is nothing to prepare for in terms of achieving in school to secure a stable future.

As my future seems bleak, I was wondering if anyone knew how to over come these feelings or if they had been through a similar experience and dealt with it effectively. Thanks in advance for your help.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    x
    Recognise most of this unfortunately! Sorry you're having such a hard time of it. Have you seen your GP at all about how you're feeling? They'd be your best bet and can refer you for therapy, try medication etc if they think it's right for you. There's a fair bit of self help stuff online too such as mindfulness techniques and moodgym (online CBT) but you'd be better with your GP if you can.

I wouldn't class those grades as messing up at all, that doesn't stop you feeling that way though I know. There's always more ways to do things than you think though and even if you don't end up getting the grades you want it's doesn't mean you'll never amount to anything at all. I hope things improve for you soon anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.