Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any advice for a student who is set to take their GCSE's in a few months? I'm currently struggling with stress management and willingness to even try and succeed, even the notion of me achieving a respectable grade seems implausible. I feel as though I am destined for a life of abhorrence.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Start revising earlier than you thought necessary. Do endless practice papers. You WILL improve, just keep trying. Revisit topics frequently.

Never fear, if you fail, we will always need bin men and bus drivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)
    Start revising earlier than you thought necessary. Do endless practice papers. You WILL improve, just keep trying. Revisit topics frequently.

Thanks for your suggestions pal, I reckon I could pull off a high vis jacket

ReputationRep:
    Keep believing in yourself...

ReputationRep:
    Dont give up
    keep going till the very last exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danialmian10)
    Keep believing in yourself...
    Thanks man, I appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    Dont give up
    keep going till the very last exam
    The prospect of me getting to the end of my exams is extremely unlikely tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mimir)

malware has sparked a meme epidemic; I simply can't stop making them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollycatb)
    The prospect of me getting to the end of my exams is extremely unlikely tbh
    trust me
    at gcse you can get away with little revision you just have to make yourself realise that if you dont start Right Now then thats a grade youre losing every time

dont worry seriously,
    i have started no revision what so ever on any of my subjects but im gonna start today and you can start from today as well

if you want to see change youre gonna have to change the way youre acting now
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    Biggest mistake I made at GCSE was foolishly believing that whatever grades I got didn't really impact on which A levels I was able to take, or what university course I could study. Seriously just do the best that you can, you won't regret it!

ReputationRep:
    trust me
    at gcse you can get away with little revision you just have to make yourself realise that if you dont start Right Now then thats a grade youre losing every time

dont worry seriously,
    i have started no revision what so ever on any of my subjects but im gonna start today and you can start from today as well

if you want to see change youre gonna have to change the way youre acting now
    good luck
    I started on Saturday, I've divided my room into subjects and stuck relevant information to the walls. I read everything when I wake up and before I go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    I started on Saturday, I've divided my room into subjects and stuck relevant information to the walls. I read everything when I wake up and before I go to sleep.
    thats good
    but you need exam practise as well
    how many subjects are you doing btw
    you must have a big room or something lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    Biggest mistake I made at GCSE was foolishly believing that whatever grades I got didn't really impact on which A levels I was able to take, or what university course I could study. Seriously just do the best that you can, you won't regret it!
    I want to take English Language, Law, Sociology and RE.

I've already attained an A in RE GCSE and a C in Science Unit 1

My predicted grades for final exams are below.

English Language (A)
    English Literature (A)
    Business (B)
    History (B)
    RE AS Level (A)
    Maths (C)
    Science (C)
    IT (Distinction)
    Spanish (G)

I feel like it's too late to turn it around.

ReputationRep:
    thats good
    but you need exam practise as well
    how many subjects are you doing btw
    you must have a big room or something lol
    Hahaha no way, my room is like a prison cell and I have a massive collage of band posters that takes up an entire wall too. I'm taking 9, but only revising for 8. Spanish is a lost cause lmao. I need to dedicate my time to core subjects.

ReputationRep:
    You've got months until your exams and therefore plenty of time to start revising! Predicted grades are exactly that, predicted. Not fact and definitely not set in stone. My advice would be to start revising as soon as possible, you clearly have potential to attain high grades if you are on track to receive A's and B's!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Merfie)
    You've got months until your exams and therefore plenty of time to start revising! Predicted grades are exactly that, predicted. Not fact and definitely not set in stone. My advice would be to start revising as soon as possible, you clearly have potential to attain high grades if you are on track to receive A's and B's!
    Thank you so much. I think I just have to abandon all feelings of academic inadequacy and just try my hardest

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much. I think I just have to abandon all feelings of academic inadequacy and just try my hardest
    Exactly! Best of luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END!!!
    because i did and i know well what happened to me
    so start your revision now if you haven't yet
    do as many pastpapers as you can- similar questions pop up in the exam especially in english and in maths
    also do a predicted exam paper- they will be release soon in april or just before your exams
    have 8 hours sleep because i didn't- i had 2 hours of sleep everyday and i was like this -->:bored: in the exam hall
    if you have any questions ask your peers or teachers as early as possible
    ensure u know everything to achieve the grade you want- do not left anything out because it is likely that the topic you missed may come in the exam (happened to me)
    :goodluck:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE END!!!
    because i did and i know well what happened to me
    so start your revision now if you haven't yet
    do as many pastpapers as you can- similar questions pop up in the exam especially in english and in maths
    also do a predicted exam paper- they will be release soon in april or just before your exams
    have 8 hours sleep because i didn't- i had 2 hours of sleep everyday and i was like this -->:bored: in the exam hall
    if you have any questions ask your peers or teachers as early as possible
    ensure u know everything to achieve the grade you want- do not left anything out because it is likely that the topic you missed may come in the exam (happened to me)
    :goodluck:
    I appreciate your suggestion, I have started attending revision sessions at school and revising a little at home, I am going to start dedicating more of my time at home to revision. Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Watch a lot of youtube videos on your subjects. I'm currently doing GCSEs aswell.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.