Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

I graduated from University 4 years ago and I have been teaching ESL in South Korea since then. I'm looking to start a Secondary History PGCE in either 2017 or 2018. My degree is in Ancient History & Classical Archaeology and I meet all of the other academic requirements. I also recently did 2 weeks of observations in an English High School.

Applying for the PGCE from overseas can be a bit of a logistical problem, as I know you are required to attend most interviews in person. However, a friend of mine out here recently got a place on the 2016 Primary PGCE Course at the University of Wales Trinity St David. His main reason for applying here was the fact that they do Skype Interviews and you aren't required to do the QTS Tests for a Welsh University.

I am seriously considering applying for the PGCE through this University, as it saves me having to spend 5-600 pounds on a flight home and also arrange leave with my Korean school/potentially have to leave my job in Korea.

I was wondering if anyone out there has done a PGCE Secondary course with UWTSD, and if so, how did you find it? Was it a good course? And did you find it easy to get a job upon completion? I'm very flexible about where I live so I doubt I will only end up looking for jobs in Wales.

I have also looked at the League tables and seen that UWTSD is very low in the rankings. Does this matter when it comes to doing a PGCE? My BA is from the University of Warwick, so will they take that into consideration too?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.