Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've started interviewing for my BA's in Fine Art and finding it okay so far. Thankfully it's going in order of my choices.

I've applied to - Middlesex, Westminster, Camberwell (Sculpture BA), Chelsea and Goldsmiths.

I really wasn't into Middlesex, they offered me a place before they'd even finished looking at my portfolio, didn't check my essay etc. Basically, I didn't feel challenged and the facilities weren't amazing.

Westminster I LOVED and was really taken back by just how much I loved it. The work in the studios was of a really high quality, the facilities were amazing, great vibe and I felt the interview went okay. Has anyone else applied to the Mixed Media Fine Art BA? How did you find it?

I have Camberwell in a couple of hours, so wish me luck. But I'm up at 5am because my interview offer came through from Chelsea and I can't sleep. Can anyone either give me advice on their interviews for Chelsea (this year or previous years) and examples of questions they ask?

I'm also waiting to hear back whether I have an interview from Goldsmiths but any tips for that would be great too

(And portfolio advice - anyone else's getting completely battered?)
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Hannahprizeman)
    Hi! I've started interviewing for my BA's in Fine Art and finding it okay so far. Thankfully it's going in order of my choices.

I've applied to - Middlesex, Westminster, Camberwell (Sculpture BA), Chelsea and Goldsmiths.

I really wasn't into Middlesex, they offered me a place before they'd even finished looking at my portfolio, didn't check my essay etc. Basically, I didn't feel challenged and the facilities weren't amazing.

Westminster I LOVED and was really taken back by just how much I loved it. The work in the studios was of a really high quality, the facilities were amazing, great vibe and I felt the interview went okay. Has anyone else applied to the Mixed Media Fine Art BA? How did you find it?

I have Camberwell in a couple of hours, so wish me luck. But I'm up at 5am because my interview offer came through from Chelsea and I can't sleep. Can anyone either give me advice on their interviews for Chelsea (this year or previous years) and examples of questions they ask?

I'm also waiting to hear back whether I have an interview from Goldsmiths but any tips for that would be great too

(And portfolio advice - anyone else's getting completely battered?)
    As noone has replied directly I thought I'd point you towards some other threads/forums where you might be able to find answers

You can find out and chat to other fine art applicants in the stickied 2016 thread here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3861847 and the rest of the Creative Arts forum has threads on all sorts of things

It's nice to hear that you liked Westminster more than expected - you might find some other applicants or current students in the University of Westminster forum who can give you some insights into what it's like.

Hope the Camberwell interview went well

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.