Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it ok to used a permanent box dye now 2 weeks after bleaching? Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I had my hair bleached about 15 days ago after having my natural dark ashy blonde hair dyed ginger for years and the month before bleaching, I had my hair done with all over blonde highlights. I looked awful with bleached hair. It didn't suit me at all and made every blemish on my face ten times more noticeable. So I got my hair bleached on the Monday and by the Wednesday, I put a honey light brown semi-perm dye through it and it covered all the bleached out colour and it went a nice colour that looked a mix of ginger, dark blonde and brown. Its now faded a lot and its went more ginger which is fine but its starting to fade out patchy a bit and I'm having a few strands that look almost 100% grey which I didn't have naturally.

I've heard a lot that you shouldn't ever use a permanent dye over bleached hair but I've seen a colour (rich copper gold) I like and its by the same brand I used to use month in, month out when I was going ginger for years. My hair is a little damaged from the bleach. The ends are a bit dry and I do have more split ends. I plan on dyeing my hair today (will do a strand test first though) and I'm going to cut an inch/inch and a half off my ends. I've had no chunks of hair falling out of snapping off. I've only washed my hair about 4 times since bleaching it whereas before I used to wash it nearly every day and I've been using a Treseme keratin hair mask each time I wash.

I'm just worried that my hair will become even more damaged after this, which it will a bit as dyeing isn't good for your hair in general but I don't want to totally wreck my hair.Also, would it be better to dry cut my hair before I put the dye on to minimize damage?

ReputationRep:
    You can do it, however your hair will be royally ****ed.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I done it and my hair feels fantastic I got 2 inches cut off my hair so about 90% of my split ends are gone and it feels really thick and soft. I just let it try on its own. Its went a bright Hayley Williams like ginger. Not gonna dye my hair until my mums wedding in April now. I'll give it a break

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it... I did and well I had a month of wearing a wig and 2 years of wearing very expensive extensions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Don't do it... I did and well I had a month of wearing a wig and 2 years of wearing very expensive extensions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too late turned out really well and feels really soft and I got all the split ends and damaged bits cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your roots are gonna turn grey pretty quickly, just saying...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.