Turn on thread page Beta

Is it ok to used a permanent box dye now 2 weeks after bleaching? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I had my hair bleached about 15 days ago after having my natural dark ashy blonde hair dyed ginger for years and the month before bleaching, I had my hair done with all over blonde highlights. I looked awful with bleached hair. It didn't suit me at all and made every blemish on my face ten times more noticeable. So I got my hair bleached on the Monday and by the Wednesday, I put a honey light brown semi-perm dye through it and it covered all the bleached out colour and it went a nice colour that looked a mix of ginger, dark blonde and brown. Its now faded a lot and its went more ginger which is fine but its starting to fade out patchy a bit and I'm having a few strands that look almost 100% grey which I didn't have naturally.

I've heard a lot that you shouldn't ever use a permanent dye over bleached hair but I've seen a colour (rich copper gold) I like and its by the same brand I used to use month in, month out when I was going ginger for years. My hair is a little damaged from the bleach. The ends are a bit dry and I do have more split ends. I plan on dyeing my hair today (will do a strand test first though) and I'm going to cut an inch/inch and a half off my ends. I've had no chunks of hair falling out of snapping off. I've only washed my hair about 4 times since bleaching it whereas before I used to wash it nearly every day and I've been using a Treseme keratin hair mask each time I wash.

I'm just worried that my hair will become even more damaged after this, which it will a bit as dyeing isn't good for your hair in general but I don't want to totally wreck my hair.Also, would it be better to dry cut my hair before I put the dye on to minimize damage?

ReputationRep:
    You can do it, however your hair will be royally ****ed.

ReputationRep:
    I done it and my hair feels fantastic I got 2 inches cut off my hair so about 90% of my split ends are gone and it feels really thick and soft. I just let it try on its own. Its went a bright Hayley Williams like ginger. Not gonna dye my hair until my mums wedding in April now. I'll give it a break

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it... I did and well I had a month of wearing a wig and 2 years of wearing very expensive extensions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AccountingBabe)
    Don't do it... I did and well I had a month of wearing a wig and 2 years of wearing very expensive extensions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Too late turned out really well and feels really soft and I got all the split ends and damaged bits cut off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your roots are gonna turn grey pretty quickly, just saying...

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.