Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I know things are bad when I need coke for breakfast.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    I had such a bad Coke habit for so many years; weaned myself off with Coke Zero and have been completely Coke free for four years, three months and eight days...

Hi, my name is The Thief of Bagdad and I'm a Cokeaholic.
    How did you do it?! I've gone one day without a can of Coke and I'm salivating at the thought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i had redbull for breakfast today
    Haha! Same here :five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    Come on marmite boy. You can have a fatty mindset and your diet can be full of crap but you stay slim. The fatty is the mindset.
    If your fatty eating habits result in your being skinny, your eating habits aren't fatty.

Sorry to break the news to ya.

ReputationRep:
    Offspring. Single mothers. Poor outcomes.
    More mes running around... How glorious.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Queen Cersei)
    How did you do it?! I've gone one day without a can of Coke and I'm salivating at the thought!
    You definitely have to wean. Also is it Diet Coke or Coke Zero or real Coke that's your Achilles heel?!

They also have caffeine in them and so the withdrawal could be partly that.

Get on the herbal teas and sparkling waters!! Or if its diet or zero start replacing with real Coke. You will feel much more satisfied by the sugar.

That was how I got over Diet Coke obsession- like 5 cans a day at least (or equivalent). I switched to real Coke with sugar and now probably have two or three bottles a week. It's just more satisfying and because it does have calories and sugar you don't need more.

If it's real Coke you're addicted to then the sugar demon is gonna be your enemy so you need to get loads of sugary fruit in - banana an hour or something to combat the sugar cravings for the crap in Coke and replace it with good and healthy fructose!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    More mes running around... How glorious.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you're extremely fit*

Spoiler:
    Show
    *Darwinian fitness whereby your whole success in life depends on the passing on of your genes to offspring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_marmite)
    If your fatty eating habits result in your being skinny, your eating habits aren't fatty.

Sorry to break the news to ya.
    As someone who has a thyroid condition and understands both what it is like to have contrived hyperthyroidism through hormone replacement AND what it is like to be clinically hypothyroid when I'm not on replacement, I can assure you that is not the case.

Metabolism is a real thing.

ReputationRep:
    Well you're extremely fit*

Spoiler:
    Show
    *Darwinian fitness whereby your whole success in life depends on the passing on of your genes to offspring
    I know what you really mean... :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    You're me. For sure. Haven't had one since yesterday and I'm craaaaaving...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    You're me. For sure. Haven't had one since yesterday and I'm craaaaaving...
    We could cave together and both have one for lunch so we don't have to feel as guilty

ReputationRep:
    Is it strange for me to hate Coke; I never drank it at all, the last time I drank it was like 4 months ago . I like pepsi more, it has more of a kick to taste buds .
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    We could cave together and both have one for lunch so we don't have to feel as guilty
    :eek: How did you know I planned to do that? :laugh: There's a can of coke in the chiller that I've got my eye on… only an hour to go…

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    :eek: How did you know I planned to do that? :laugh: There's a can of coke in the chiller that I've got my eye on… only an hour to go…
    Pickles bought me a bottle yesterday as a treat so I'm obliged to drink it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azhar Rana)
    Is it strange for me to hate Coke; I never drank it at all, the last time I drank it was like 4 months ago . I like pepsi more, it has more of kick to taste buds .
    I think Pepsi is more bubbly! I used to be obsessed with Dr Pepper and managed to give it up but then ended up just moving to Coke

ReputationRep:
    I've had coke so many times with breakfast. Especially when there's left over pizza.

ReputationRep:
    coke is for pussies... real guys drink Monster for breakfast

:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Don't ignore the reasonable suggestions I made and cave anyway QC. That is extremely deviant of you. :naughty:

ReputationRep:
    Coke for breakfast sounds gross, especially after brushing your teeth. :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    coke is for pussies... real guys drink Monster for breakfast

:mad:
    Champagne for my real friends. Real pain for my sham friends.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    I ate a superfood salad for breakfast.... swiftly followed by dark chocolate buttons....

Eating my feelings

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.