Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  472.5 KB
    Attachment 506947506949 Guys can you help me gets all the equations for this question, I think I would be able to do it if I know the equations.thankyou
    Attached Images

• Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Luj99)
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  472.5 KB
    Attachment 506947506949 Guys can you help me gets all the equations for this question, I think I would be able to do it if I know the equations.thankyou
    Use the equation for the reaction and moles = mass/Mr

ReputationRep:
    I don't no the reactions guys that's why I need help, but I think if I no them I can do the question pls hurry guys

ReputationRep:
    Guys hurry I need to complete it for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    For part a write an equation, then balance it and use mol= mass/mr to find the mass of iron oxide(lll)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    2Fe2O3(s) + 3C(s) → 4Fe(l) + 3CO2(g)
    Fe2O3(s) + 3CO(s) → 2Fe(l) + 3CO2(g)

ReputationRep:
    it will be 7*10power of 8/ (55.8*3)+(16*3)

YOU SHOULD GET AN ANSWER

ReputationRep:
    For part b of course use your equation and values from part a to work out the amount of carbon needed
    Spoiler:
    Show
    2C(s) + O2 → 2CO(g)

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about part c sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    Not sure about part c sorry
    For part c find the moles of oxygen used then use the formula pv=nrt the conditions should be supplied if not assume standard conditions i.e. 1 mole of oxygen occupies 24dm-3

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.