Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm wanting to apply for student loans and DSA. I don't have a UK passport (it expired about 3 years ago and I don't really want to pay for a new one that I won't be using). My only other option is to send my original birth certificate. If I send this to student finance will I get it back so that I can use it to apply for DSA afterwards or will I need to get another copy from the registry office?

    (By "original copy" it means not photocopied, you can still use copies that you get from the registry office/gov.co.uk)

    Yeah they send it back to you quite quick. I used a copy I got from the Gov registry office to approve my student finance for 24+ loan.

    You'll also need someone who is a good standing person in the community to sign a form the student finance gives you, it's to verify you are who you say you are, this will accompany your birth certificate.

    Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.