The Student Room Group

The Workload

I'm not doing a masters right now but I've herd a masters is a lot of work. I was wondering how do you handle it all and how do you get any time for R&R? it just seems a bit full on
Reply 1
Original post by jonathanemptage
I'm not doing a masters right now but I've herd a masters is a lot of work. I was wondering how do you handle it all and how do you get any time for R&R? it just seems a bit full on

It very much depends on the subject, and sometimes the individual course.

Mine was certainly full-one for eleven months (I finished my dissertation early). It was always at least five days a week + evenings, often six days a week near assignment deadlines, and seven days a week during the most intense period of the dissertation. I had a couple of days off for Christmas but no week/fortnight off that year.

I kept reminding myself that it was only going to be a year. It was stunningly hard work, but at the end of it, I had a qualification which would last me the rest of my life.
Original post by jonathanemptage

Mine wasn't any more work than my undergraduate degree until I got to the dissertation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending