Turn on thread page Beta

Pgce help! Funding and English PGCE with drama degree watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I am currently in my second year of university studying drama and creative writing. I want to be a teacher. Therefore I have to do a PGCE. I want to be an English teacher. I want to know if I stand a chance at being accepted onto an English pgce when I'm a drama student. My course has a lot of theory based modules and it's a lot like English literature. I'm planning on doing my pgce at Leeds trinity. Also I wanted to know if I could qualify for the English teaching bursary if I get accepted onto the course

Please help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gldavies249)
    So I am currently in my second year of university studying drama and creative writing. I want to be a teacher. Therefore I have to do a PGCE. I want to be an English teacher. I want to know if I stand a chance at being accepted onto an English pgce when I'm a drama student. My course has a lot of theory based modules and it's a lot like English literature. I'm planning on doing my pgce at Leeds trinity. Also I wanted to know if I could qualify for the English teaching bursary if I get accepted onto the course

Please help
    I did an English and Drama degree and really, they are not similar. I think you will struggle to get onto an English PE without English being at least a minor in your degree. I would go for a Drama or Primary PGCE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamieInPompey)
    I did an English and Drama degree and really, they are not similar. I think you will struggle to get onto an English PE without English being at least a minor in your degree. I would go for a Drama or Primary PGCE.
    Thanks for the advide i contacted the uni i want to go to about it and they have said its fine

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.