Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

White cops kill black = not guilty, Chinese cop kill black = 15 years in jail Watch

ReputationRep:
    Where can i sign up to change my race to white?

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...ng-akai-gurley

http://atimes.com/2016/02/peter-lian...-new-york-cop/

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/12/ny...klyn.html?_r=0

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, he was negligent. 15 years is harsh and he could probably have that reduced on appeal but the right decision was made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    Sorry, he was negligent. 15 years is harsh and he could probably have that reduced on appeal but the right decision was made.
    So, where do i sign up to change my race to white?

ReputationRep:
    "his gun just went off". That sounds like negligence, guns don't just "go off".

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cops kill crooks whats the big deal?

Cops kill more Whites in America its a fact

Only because they play the race card people are outraged

Blacks males are more likely to be killed by cops because they commit more crime

You don't see cops murdering Black females all the time do you?

Yeah, never mind the context OP

Cop kills man running towards him with knife: no charge
    Cop's gun 'just goes off' and kills innocent man: 15 years
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)

This though 15 years seems excessive.

ReputationRep:
    if you read the reports the cop was completely negligent.

15 yrs is excessive, but he does deserve punishment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndIsNear)
    Cops kill crooks whats the big deal?Cops kill more Whites in America its a factOnly because they play the race card people are outragedBlacks males are more likely to be killed by cops because they commit more crimeYou don't see cops murdering Black females all the time do you?

did you even read one word in the articles?

The victim is not a criminal. He was just very unlucky and in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxAminah)
    welcome to the white mans world
    So he shouldn't have been convicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm: where can I change my race to white so I don't go to jail for killing black!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EndIsNear)
    Cops kill crooks whats the big deal?

Cops kill more Whites in America its a fact

Only because they play the race card people are outraged

Blacks males are more likely to be killed by cops because they commit more crime

You don't see cops murdering Black females all the time do you?
    you do realize that america is predominantly white right, in fact non-hispanic whites account for 63.7% of american population. so number wise of course more whites are likely to be killed by cops :|

If you consider percentages, its a whole 'nother story

Moreover it is the government's fault that black males are committing more crimes, because they are less educated, which makes them less wealthy. Since they are less wealthy they can't afford decent educations.

So this is actually a vicious cycle that just keep on repeating itself and it can only be stopped by the government

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    :facepalm: where can I change my race to white so I don't go to jail for killing black!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why, do you want to kill black people?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O$car)
    you do realize that america is predominantly white right, in fact non-hispanic whites account for 63.7% of american population. so number wise of course more whites are likely to be killed by cops :|

Moreover it is the government's fault that black males are committing more crimes, because they are less educated, which makes them less wealthy. Since they are less wealthy they can't afford decent educations.

So this is actually a vicious cycle that just keep on repeating itself and it can only be stopped by the government
    Statistics are never perfect as they can be interpreted whatever way you want, there could be a million and one reasons why ethnic people commit more crimes but its easier to have the simplest ones.

I mean some people are just scum, some are just stuck in a victim mentality, some are a little between the two and then we have other reasons.

It doesn't matter what is the real truth as we will never know.

ReputationRep:
    I bet if the cop was white, it would be more like 15 days in prison.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)

This, you can believe anything you want to if you take things out of context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    I bet if the cop was white, it would be more like 15 days in prison.
    I think you can a little more intelligent than that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drbluebox)
    Statistics are never perfect as they can be interpreted whatever way you want, there could be a million and one reasons why ethnic people commit more crimes but its easier to have the simplest ones.

I mean some people are just scum, some are just stuck in a victim mentality, some are a little between the two and then we have other reasons.

so its justifiable to generalize millions of lives into one simple stereotype?

look i really like it when things could be summarized into something really simple but you have to understand that this is the real world.

ReputationRep:
    Just a side note for those saying the charge was excessive, wouldn't this count as criminally negligent manslaughter, I thought this was considered more serious than other forms of manslaughter. IMO 15 years seems about right, and like it's already been stated, this will be lowered with appeals and the guy will probably be released early on good behaviour or something.

(Original post by O$car)

It's a troll dear :console:

(Original post by drbluebox)

Actually the simplest answer is that ethnic people are likely to be less well off than the rest of the population therefore they commit more crimes.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.