Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to deal people disrespecting you for no reason Watch

Hi,

So I go to functions, weddings, parties, sports matches in the summer and there are a few people who feel it's necessary to pick on me or have a joke on me, they say "look at him, he doesn't take" or "he doesn't talk" and they have a laugh.

I don't know why they pick on me for, I've done nothing wrong, in fact, I shake people's hands, acknowledge and say hello to the majority of people and I do talk to my family members and friends there. If they see me quiet for a moment, they jump the gun and start picking on me and these are women and men who are in their 40's, 50's and I'm only 24.

It's pathetic, none of my friends talk to these women or feel the need to acknowledge 'everyone there' they don't pick on them but they pick on me.

Also they never acknowledge me and feel the need to say stuff about me.

It's like David Beckham walking past 100 people and they all say, look at him, he doesn't talk.

Last year I was playing a football match, I walked past 30 women and they all burst out laughing at me for some reason and they kept laughing. My friends and family members walked past them and they didn't do nothing to them. But when I walked past them they all started laughing.

Can't believe it, I lost my mother when I was 10 years old and they all know that and I am on my own and they still pick on me, don't they have compassion? WH yare they targeting just one guy?

Why do they do it?

ReputationRep:
    Some people find being quiet as a sign of disrespect as they assume you are judging them, or you simply do not care enough about them to take an interest in their lives. It is an insecurity thing.

ReputationRep:
    it is a good idea to learn "small talk"... just to fit in better socially.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.