Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've got an informal application chat tomorrow for physics at Nottingham and was wondering if anyone knows what this would consist and how much last minute reading I should do tonight as it's not an interview?? Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorch1)
    I've got an informal application chat tomorrow for physics at Nottingham and was wondering if anyone knows what this would consist and how much last minute reading I should do tonight as it's not an interview?? Thank you!
    Hi,

Is this usual with Nottingham? I have a physics app too but have not heard back yet. I have an interview at York which is formal, I don't know what to expect from it, I've never had an academic interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    Hi,

Is this usual with Nottingham? I have a physics app too but have not heard back yet. I have an interview at York which is formal, I don't know what to expect from it, I've never had an academic interview.
    I haven't had an interview either, I've got all my other 4 offers however Nottingham sent a letter offering me a place for A*AA however they want to discuss my individual circumstances which may possibly lower my offer, fingers crossed. I'm just not sure if they'll be asking me in depth physics and maths questions or general enquires about how I'm getting on?? No idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sorch1)
    I haven't had an interview either, I've got all my other 4 offers however Nottingham sent a letter offering me a place for A*AA however they want to discuss my individual circumstances which may possibly lower my offer, fingers crossed. I'm just not sure if they'll be asking me in depth physics and maths questions or general enquires about how I'm getting on?? No idea
    I would assume the latter, if that's what they indicated in their letter to you. But I really don't know. Maybe prepare for a mixture of all of them? Is A*AA standard? I'm a mature student and hope to be on the foundation year as I took different subjects.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.