Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASL1)
    Is the accommodation all single sex? As in girls in one block of flats and guys in another, or is it guys one floor and girls on another floor?
    I think it really depends on what accommodation you are going for

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmecatherine)
    Yeah, same... but I will probably get rejected by my 1st choice so Aberdeen all the way
    What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayahs93)
    What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nottingham... they wanted LNAT for Law Entry and I totally blew it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASL1)
    Is the accommodation all single sex? As in girls in one block of flats and guys in another, or is it guys one floor and girls on another floor?
    Well the flats are all single sex per block if I understand right, and I think I remember hearing that the corridors are one floor boys, one floor girls, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsmecatherine)
    Nottingham... they wanted LNAT for Law Entry and I totally blew it
    Aw, well either way, you'll be going to a good university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello there! Anyone going to study Neuroscience at Aberdeen and already found accommodation? I could really use some tips

ReputationRep:
    I hold a conditional offer at Aberdeen and have confirmed it as my firm choice. When may I apply for accommodation? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I am in the same situation and am unsure too! I know I can apply for interest on the Aberdeen University site but I'm so confused about the "united" or "liberty" selection? What is it referring to and what is the difference?!!!

ReputationRep:
    Unite and Liberty are accommodation partners with the uni. They're not on campus or in the student village but they're close to uni and it's easy to get to the city centre. I'm currently staying with Unite at Spring Gardens and they're ok. Although it's way too expensive for what they are. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk to uni and it's 5-10 minutes away from Union Street. Next semester I'm going to stay with Liberty because they're a little bit cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    If you have 39 week contract, when does it start and end? Is the move in weekend 3-4 of September?

I'm also a bit confused about the names of some Hillhead Student Village apartments. I looked them up from the map, but some of them have different names over there.
    https://www.abdn.ac.uk/about/campus/...s-by-type/?t=2
    There's Esslemont and Burnett is either one of those Grant Court flats 67-90?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neddy97)
    Unite and Liberty are accommodation partners with the uni. They're not on campus or in the student village but they're close to uni and it's easy to get to the city centre. I'm currently staying with Unite at Spring Gardens and they're ok. Although it's way too expensive for what they are. It takes about 15-20 minutes to walk to uni and it's 5-10 minutes away from Union Street. Next semester I'm going to stay with Liberty because they're a little bit cheaper.
    I see ok thank you! So would you recommend staying in the liberty accommodation over the university accommodation? I am thinking about the New Carnegie Court accommodation because it was recommended by a friend and I am keen for having my own bathroom but apart from that its a bit of a stab in the dark - i am currently living in the US and feel like I don't have a clue about anything!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirsty2201)
    I see ok thank you! So would you recommend staying in the liberty accommodation over the university accommodation? I am thinking about the New Carnegie Court accommodation because it was recommended by a friend and I am keen for having my own bathroom but apart from that its a bit of a stab in the dark - i am currently living in the US and feel like I don't have a clue about anything!!!
    I think it really depends on what you want from your uni halls and what you prioritise. If having an ensuite is priority then go for NCC, there are some other options with uni partners as well. I know people that have stayed in both and have said similar things about both.

I've heard from other students that its quite good to be at Hillhead cause thats where most the students are and theres lots going on, only bad side is that its quite a walk to the centre of town. When I had a tour of Hillhead a lot of it looked very similar in quality, none of them are bad.

I think if you think about these types of things you might find it easer to find out whats best for you, or thats what I done anyway:

Catered / Self Catered
    Ensuite / Shared Bathroom
    Flat / Corridor
    (Size of Flat)
    Cost
    Location - Central/Uni/Hillhead

I plan on putting NCC as my 1st choice Let me know if you have any more questions!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have an opinion on the Crombie halls?.I know ensuite bathrooms are a luxury for a fresher,but I get really sick,especially in cold weather and the prospect of a personal bathroom is enticing ^.^

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got an unconditional for English and am trying to decide on accommodation. An en-suite is pretty important to me, and I can't decide whether to stay on-campus in NCC or go with one of the Liberty buildings. I'm just not sure whether there will be other freshers in the partner accommodation? I'm an EU student so I couldn't go for the tours either..

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know when you can apply for accomadation??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lexrose15)
    does anyone know when you can apply for accomadation??
    Exactly what I came here to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gerbera)
    Exactly what I came here to ask!
    23rd of May at 10am

ReputationRep:
    Stuck between South House, Hector Boece or Grant Court? Opinions?

Does S.House have 2 bathrooms? I was leaning towards this one cause of the sink in the room?

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between North Court and Grant Court, I might go with the latter one though...
    Sink would be handy(they have that in North Court if I remember correctly) but I kind of prefer the location of Grant Court. Even though the difference isn't that huge tbh.

I never got a message from Aberdeen after firming so I'm kind of confused about the whole accommodation application process.

ReputationRep:
    That's my accomodation applied for now. 1st choice New Carnegie Court, 2nd choice Grant Court/Hector Boece. The en-suite, bigger living area, two fridges, and the 3/4-double bed of NCC were enough to swing it for me.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.