Turn on thread page Beta

Would you class MS as bad watch

Announcements

I've got multiple syrosis it's been really hard do you class it as a bad disease

ReputationRep:
    Well, yeah it gets worse over time and it can become debilitating so yeah I would class it as a serious and bad illness. Definitely not a minor illness by any means.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just gotta keep myself healthy and active, I can't die from it can I I'm only 19 I'm a male

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just gotta keep myself healthy and active, I can't die from it can I I'm only 19 I'm a male
    Read up and it says that people usually have a normal life span maybe a little bit shorter than average but it's say to look after yourself like you've said and keep healthy (eating and exercise) to try to make your standard of living as good as possible.

What symptoms lead to your diagnosis?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/multipl...roduction.aspx

"
    OutlookMS can be a challenging condition to live with, but new treatments over the past 20 years have considerably improved the quality of life of people with the condition.MS itself is rarely fatal, but complications that may arise from severe MS, such as chest infections or breathing difficulties caused by muscle weakness, can be.The average life expectancy for people with MS is around five to 10 years lower than average, and this gap appears to be getting smaller all the time.
    "

Considering the past 20 years have shown improved quality of life for people with MS and the fact the 10 years lower life expectancy (That's still a long time and you are only 19) is getting smaller all the time, by the time you are older there will probably have been even more advancements in this area of medicine.

Thanks that's what I've been doing I've had lot of fruits like kale spinach pineapple etc, I've done lot of work on my hands using grips and such, my symptoms where constant headaches everyday, extreme fatigue constant cramps in right hand and left leg, can't walk straight I'm really unsteady and vision loss in right eye can't see out of it Properly

My muscles are weak sometimes but I ain't got it as severe as some people once I walked for 15 minutes my leg felt so numb

Do you mean multiple sclerosis?

There are a few different varients of it. most people with it are fine in between bouts at first, but a few years down the line may develop disabilities.

the one good news is there are alot of treatments in the pipeline that will hopefully bear fruit and lead to a vast improvement in outcomes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2016
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.