Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me that doesn't care about pop culture either now or ever... I feel like I'm surrounded by people who love their pop culture and have nothing better to do... got advised to start getting into pop culture today by a colleague since I didn't know of a reference to "Weeknd" or whoever they are.

Makes me feel kind of lonely if I'm honest... why should I get into pop-culture just to fit in when it's absolutely pointless and doesn't add any value to my life!

Kind of a banter post, but would love to see what you all think of pop culture and whether or not you keep up with it.

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends what you mean by pop culture - it is a big genre and you don't have to know about everything and fit into everything. Likely so will there be certain things that you like that are popular - many people like music for instance but fewer are interested in the latest fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it just me that doesn't care about pop culture either now or ever... I feel like I'm surrounded by people who love their pop culture and have nothing better to do... got advised to start getting into pop culture today by a colleague since I didn't know of a reference to "Weeknd" or whoever they are.

Makes me feel kind of lonely if I'm honest... why should I get into pop-culture just to fit in when it's absolutely pointless and doesn't add any value to my life!

Kind of a banter post, but would love to see what you all think of pop culture and whether or not you keep up with it.
    omgggggggg the weeknd I love him so much Abel asdfghjkl
    go listen to his songs rn - The Hills, Often, Belong to the world
    tbh though - 14 years old like me are in love with his music and most older people disapprove but he is genuinely got sucha good voice

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.