Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it just me that doesn't care about pop culture either now or ever... I feel like I'm surrounded by people who love their pop culture and have nothing better to do... got advised to start getting into pop culture today by a colleague since I didn't know of a reference to "Weeknd" or whoever they are.

Makes me feel kind of lonely if I'm honest... why should I get into pop-culture just to fit in when it's absolutely pointless and doesn't add any value to my life!

Kind of a banter post, but would love to see what you all think of pop culture and whether or not you keep up with it.

ReputationRep:
    Well it depends what you mean by pop culture - it is a big genre and you don't have to know about everything and fit into everything. Likely so will there be certain things that you like that are popular - many people like music for instance but fewer are interested in the latest fashion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it just me that doesn't care about pop culture either now or ever... I feel like I'm surrounded by people who love their pop culture and have nothing better to do... got advised to start getting into pop culture today by a colleague since I didn't know of a reference to "Weeknd" or whoever they are.

Makes me feel kind of lonely if I'm honest... why should I get into pop-culture just to fit in when it's absolutely pointless and doesn't add any value to my life!

Kind of a banter post, but would love to see what you all think of pop culture and whether or not you keep up with it.
    omgggggggg the weeknd I love him so much Abel asdfghjkl
    go listen to his songs rn - The Hills, Often, Belong to the world
    tbh though - 14 years old like me are in love with his music and most older people disapprove but he is genuinely got sucha good voice

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.