Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is it a good idea to do the ee on 13 reasons why? Watch

ReputationRep:
    is it a good idea to do the extended essay on 13 reasons why?

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on what you are analysing. If you're going for the obvious analysing of character development of a suicidal teen, then perhaps not. If you can somehow find an angle that is completely different, one that nobody else would be able to think of (for example investigating the contribution of secondary characters to her suicide in comparison to her own, personal trauma, or something. I don't know the book all that well) then perhaps. It's best to ask one of your english teachers; they will be able to tell you which books will set you up for a successful, unique EE, and which ones will have you just fade into the background of all the EEs submitted.

ReputationRep:
    alright, i talked to a couple of people and they all said that its not a good book to do the ee on in their opinion. I went and asked the librarian for help and at the moment i'm going in the direction of poetry. I might do it on a theme in carol ann duffy's poetry or maybee kate chopin's short stories? im not completely sure yet but HOPEFULLY i'll find one of these topics suitable and get started... i have a feeling that deciding on a topic is the hardest part :ahhhhh:

THANKYOU for the help!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strangerdanger)
    alright, i talked to a couple of people and they all said that its not a good book to do the ee on in their opinion. I went and asked the librarian for help and at the moment i'm going in the direction of poetry. I might do it on a theme in carol ann duffy's poetry or maybee kate chopin's short stories? im not completely sure yet but HOPEFULLY i'll find one of these topics suitable and get started... i have a feeling that deciding on a topic is the hardest part :ahhhhh:

THANKYOU for the help!!

CAROL ANN DUFFY IS GREAT! We studied "The World's Wife" for our IOCs, and all the allusions are just great. I think if you're thinking about her, go for "The World's Wife"! It's so interesting! Have a read and see what you think. You'll probably be able to point out all of the allusions straight away

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.