is it a good idea to do the ee on 13 reasons why?

Watch
Strangerdanger
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
is it a good idea to do the extended essay on 13 reasons why?
siskagreene
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It really depends on what you are analysing. If you're going for the obvious analysing of character development of a suicidal teen, then perhaps not. If you can somehow find an angle that is completely different, one that nobody else would be able to think of (for example investigating the contribution of secondary characters to her suicide in comparison to her own, personal trauma, or something. I don't know the book all that well) then perhaps. It's best to ask one of your english teachers; they will be able to tell you which books will set you up for a successful, unique EE, and which ones will have you just fade into the background of all the EEs submitted.
Strangerdanger
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
alright, i talked to a couple of people and they all said that its not a good book to do the ee on in their opinion. I went and asked the librarian for help and at the moment i'm going in the direction of poetry. I might do it on a theme in carol ann duffy's poetry or maybee kate chopin's short stories? im not completely sure yet but HOPEFULLY i'll find one of these topics suitable and get started... i have a feeling that deciding on a topic is the hardest part :ahhhhh:

THANKYOU for the help!!
siskagreene
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Strangerdanger)
alright, i talked to a couple of people and they all said that its not a good book to do the ee on in their opinion. I went and asked the librarian for help and at the moment i'm going in the direction of poetry. I might do it on a theme in carol ann duffy's poetry or maybee kate chopin's short stories? im not completely sure yet but HOPEFULLY i'll find one of these topics suitable and get started... i have a feeling that deciding on a topic is the hardest part :ahhhhh:

THANKYOU for the help!!

CAROL ANN DUFFY IS GREAT! We studied "The World's Wife" for our IOCs, and all the allusions are just great. I think if you're thinking about her, go for "The World's Wife"! It's so interesting! Have a read and see what you think. You'll probably be able to point out all of the allusions straight away
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (4)
30.77%
No - I have already returned home (1)
7.69%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (5)
38.46%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
23.08%

Watched Threads