The Student Room Group

A Day in the Life of A TSR 'Troll'

Hello, it's me. I've been wondering if after all these posts you'd like a blog?

To the unaware, I appear to have a 'bad habit' of posting blunt comments on certain threads that whilst are enjoyable to read for some, can be increasingly frustrating from the victim's perspective, usually the OP. Furthermore some of my past threads have been of a similar nature to my posts but rest assured this particular one will be semi-serious, I promise :wink:

In short I'm going to start blogging about some of the days in my school/working life. Currently the main goals are to keep track of what I've done (if anything :lol:), share my thoughts on matters of interest and encourage/motivate others in any way I can. I mentioned 'some days' as I'm not sure how often I'll be available to post, am not the most organised person that's for sure! I think this will be mainly due to whether I get a following though let be clear; I'm not demanding your support.. though obviously it would be greatly appreciated :biggrin: I do admit that I have a lazy habit of clicking on long threads and then clicking away soon after without even reading a paragraph. I realise and fully understand that many will do the same to this thread but to the few who have made it to this sentence.. :colondollar:

The fact that one can't delete a thread after posting on TSR means that this blog is either going to be a hit or miss. Hope it's not the latter!

EDIT : My most up-to-date post will be pasted here for easier access :smile:

Another job opportunity :

Spoiler

More good stuff coming soon :2euk48l:
(edited 8 years ago)
Moved this to the Blogs section.
Original post by MrDystopia
Moved this to the Blogs section.

Thank you
Not a blog but thought I'd post a link to a song I haven't heard for about a decade: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k85mRPqvMbE. Currently doing some M3 revision whilst listening to my old year 3/4 jam :2euk48l:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Boring! Troll.
Reply 5
Original post by TheArtofProtest
I thought this was going to be about @greatguy205's struggles but it's not. :frown:

It's probably 220 by now though :wink:
A typical day :

Had double physics followed by double further maths this morning. Half way through Chapter 4 in OCR A G485 which imo is the dullest of all 5, sorry medics :biggrin: Just started Chapter 2 in FP3, this ****'s gonna get hard I bet! After finishing these two modules, will have covered all of my A Level exams syllabi. Though haven't opened an M4 or 5 textbook yet, that's gonna be interesting :redface: It's fine, they're 'optional' :wink:

No sports training today so did this instead:

3 x 500m on the Concept 2 (Warm up)

Circuit Centurion:

25 x Walking Planks
25 x Hanging Leg Raises
25 x Burpee Box Jumps
25 x Mountain Climbers (per leg)

AFAP

Time : 9:45:65 :mad:

Back Squats :

Up to 174kg x 3 (4 warm up, 4 work sets)

Front Squats :

Up to 120kg x 5 (3 warm up, 4 work sets)

Leg Press :

Up to 360kg x 8 (4 warm up, 3 work sets)

Spoiler

Finally walked my dogs a few miles and did an hour of Grade 8 (piano) - have started on 'September in the Rain' by Warren and Dubin - definitely the hardest one of my three! Exam's this june and sight reading needs improvement big time! Anyone else doing ABRSM?

Now just chilling. Half way through 'Birdman'; heard great reviews about this one so wanted to see why it won the best picture accolade last year. Pretty good so far : "A cat playing with his dildo get's more than that gtfu :lol:". See it to understand.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by N-R-G
Boring! Troll.

Cheers
Another job opportunity :u: :

The last few days have been well...hectic is probably the best description. Mock exams next week in Further Maths and Physics (did A2 maths last year) and not gonna lie am pretty screwed for a few modules; haven't done nearly enough M3 revision and that's my first exam on Monday :redface: Let's just say I'll take 60/75 in M3 this time round :lol: Other than M3 and perhaps G485 (this is going to be a montage of questions covering content from chapters 1, 2 and 3 as we haven't completed learning the remaining 2), the rest should be ok..

Sports wise, football training has been going well as expected, it's a shame that practice is pretty laid back as our school prioritises hockey for boys this term, a sport which I personally think is a waste of time :colone: I mean it's the same as football with a golf club right? Football though does add that extra bit of cardio which is helping me with my fitness goals. Aiming to get down to 100kg come July whilst keeping my strength, the latter is important :tongue: Currently 105.9kg at just under 6'4'' (1.92m). It is inevitable that I will lose some strength but hey, I'd rather be more athletic overall than just be a powerlifter :wink:

Now what you clicked (hopefully) for; had an interview today at a pub nearby and have been offered a trial shift! If I get this job I will have two part time ones (currently work two nights per week in a club which messes up my body clock but hey, any cash is worth it :smile: ). I am of course prioritising my school work but do need to raise a fair amount before this summer for I am going away. This I will discuss morel in future post. I recommend that young students like me should aim to get a part time job for it helps you mature tremendously (at least it did for me) :tongue:

Think that covers most things, hope you all are well and taking a few minutes of your day to do some 'trolling' :wink: I think you'll find it can be a guilty pleasure and it can make an interesting read! Next post : my first blog. The topic is related to an event happening in 2 days time. If that wasn't a big enough hint, see the end of my last post :wink:

Off to work now :colonhash:
Reply 9
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Cheers

LoL that's alr:biggrin:ight.
Original post by N-R-G
LoL that's alr:biggrin:ight.

Your post will hopefully make this thread more visible :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Your post will hopefully make this thread more visible :biggrin:

At this time in the morning more visible? Who cares?

Quick Reply

Latest