Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do employers care about A Levels, quite a simple question. I am planning to study Gov and Pol, Philosophy and Law, would employers in these fields (Ie, if I applied for a vacancy as a Political Assistant and had these A Level's - would that put me in a favorable position?)

Cheers
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by JackEDeakin)
    Do employers care about A Levels, quite a simply question. I am planning to study Gov and Pol, Philosophy and Law, would employers in these fields (Ie, if I applied for a vacancy as a Political Assistant and had these A Level's - would that put me in a favorable position?)

Cheers
    They care about grades and to some extent subjects, yes.

The reason I say 'to some extent' is the subject doesn't have to be related to the job you're going for. It may give you a small advantage if the subject is either directly relevant (as in your case, which demonstrates interest) or a core subject like maths, science, English (which are more broadly applicable)

ReputationRep:
    Also, how relevant does experience stay? I'm most likely moving to Sweden for 4 months (April - July), to Intern at The Swedish Green Party, considering I'm going to be studying full time (I will also do voluntary work and sustain my involvement with The Green Party), will that position on my C.V still look good for employers and University 2 years on?

ReputationRep:
    I took these three and history! (imo a good choice)
    I think it is best to take four because many people find that once studying, they don't like one subject (a lot find law challenging). Therefore, taking 4 allows you to drop one.
    3 AS is good as long as you get the grades really but you could see it as you are more likely to get this by doing more because you could fail one.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.