Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm Raquel, I am from Portugal, and I have received 4 offers to study English and History (2016/17 entry) so far - but the one I'm more interested in is definitely QMUL (mostly because of the amazing modules and the location) (just in case you can tell me anything about them, my other offers were Leeds, York and Goldsmiths - I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh)

Are any of you studying English and/or History there? What can you tell me about your experience? How are the lecturers like? How's the enviroment around Mile End? How's the general feel of the campus/uni?

It's really nerve wrecking to be moving to another country but I couldn't be more excited, but I'm in great need of other students's advice. I'm not sure if I can make it to one of the Open Days so I would really appreciate it if you could just share a bit of your experience. How's London for student life? Are people at QMUL passionate and motivated to study their subjects? What about the halls? And societies?

Thank you so much for reading (and maybe answering)!
    All the best,
    Raquel xx
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rlandas)
    I'm Raquel, I am from Portugal, and I have received 4 offers to study English and History (2016/17 entry) so far - but the one I'm more interested in is definitely QMUL (mostly because of the amazing modules and the location) (just in case you can tell me anything about them, my other offers were Leeds, York and Goldsmiths - I'm still waiting to hear from Edinburgh)

Are any of you studying English and/or History there? What can you tell me about your experience? How are the lecturers like? How's the enviroment around Mile End? How's the general feel of the campus/uni?

It's really nerve wrecking to be moving to another country but I couldn't be more excited, but I'm in great need of other students's advice. I'm not sure if I can make it to one of the Open Days so I would really appreciate it if you could just share a bit of your experience. How's London for student life? Are people at QMUL passionate and motivated to study their subjects? What about the halls? And societies?

Thank you so much for reading (and maybe answering)!
    All the best,
    Raquel xx

Hi Raquel!
    QMUL is the only central London campus university so it's perfect if you don't know the area that well - all of our lectures and studying is done in the same place! I'm studying English and I really love it at Queen Mary, the choice of modules is amazing. The History department is also excellent, especially their society - they host great events during the year!
    We're also one of the most international universities, so there will be many more international students joining as well - you won't feel left out!
    The university has a great feel around it and student life is great. We're right near Shoreditch but also have a fun student bar.
    Hope this helps! Feel free to ask more questions!
    -Sarah

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.