Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I was abused and people are calling me a liar... Watch

I went through an physically and emotionally abusive relationship which ended last year.

I was afraid of telling people because I felt guilty for what happened even though I know it wasn't my fault. I recently found out that some of my supposed "closest friends", are telling other people that I lied about it and saying it never happened and that I was making it up for the attention. Apparently because they never saw a bruise, it never happened.

Has anyone else experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I haven't been through this but I think you need to speak to the police if you haven't already and as difficult as it may seem, try to distance yourself from your friends, only surround yourself with positive people who will be there for you. Have you spoken to your family about what happened? If it was a long term relationship maybe your friends are also friends with your ex partner and have just been getting different stories? Regardless, you deserve better, don't let them get you down and well done for getting out of it and knowing that you are not to blame
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    That's just horrible and shows they aren't real friends. Abuse isn't just physical. It's emotional too.

ReputationRep:
    omg yes!!!! my "best frinds" called me ttentuion seekers, sat me down at the benced area in my school and stood up and walked away. i was humiliated. everyone saw. i was sexually abused by a guy in my year since i was in yer 1! year one!!!! how didi he know all these things i have nno idea, but he still did that. theyre all bunches of cowards.
    ps, this happened on monday, but stated last Friday

ReputationRep:
    The problem with situations like this is that there are many people out there who will fake being abused in an effort to garner attention and sympathy. I've known many such people. It's difficult from the outside to tell who's telling the truth and who isn't.

If I were you, I'd go to the police and seek legal action against the person who abused you. Do your family know/believe you?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.