Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a question for anybody attending Imperial who does engineering (or has to regularly make use of the Labs)

I have heard of quite a few people who have turned down Imperial after receiving an offer. I've been told by a student at Brunel uni that he turned it down because of the an attitude that he said a lot of the people there have (stuff like having a large ego), and also because of the high research intensity the labs are hard to get a hold of.

Can these claims be confirmed or refuted by anyone?

Cheers
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Halmot)
    I have a question for anybody attending Imperial who does engineering (or has to regularly make use of the Labs)

I have heard of quite a few people who have turned down Imperial after receiving an offer. I've been told by a student at Brunel uni that he turned it down because of the an attitude that he said a lot of the people there have (stuff like having a large ego), and also because of the high research intensity the labs are hard to get a hold of.

Cheers
    LOOOOL.

Here's Imperial

Here's Brunel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He turned down brunel for imperial

nice try

wouldnotreadagain/10
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    He turned down brunel for imperial

nice try

wouldnotreadagain/10
    I'm done, genuinely done hahahahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes imperial is good???? Rejecting Imperial for Brunel just because people there have high egos is a bit silly...People would kill to get into Imperial, its one of the best universities in the world.....
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Aside from anything else, Brunel's campus is depressing.

ReputationRep:
    I turned down Imperial for other reasons but people have said to me that it is very intense.

ReputationRep:
    I think he lied... probably mad Imperial didn't accept him loool
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    More like Imperial rejected him.

ReputationRep:
    LMAO turning down imperial for Brunel :rofl:

You just got rustled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sernobrega)
    I turned down Imperial for other reasons but people have said to me that it is very intense.
    Why'd you turn it down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ememoville)
    Why'd you turn it down?
    Imperial has little support to International Students.
    (I firmed UCL)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GUMI)
    I think he lied... probably mad Imperial didn't accept him loool
    Studying at Brunel doubt he even had the grades to seriously consider applying to imperial lmao.

ReputationRep:

Cheers
    That guy was just jealous that he sh1t the bed and others made it. Instead he settled for less and now deep down his mirin' brah

ReputationRep:

Cheers
    Lolllllllllllllllllll this is untrue, I am at Imperial. You will get t***s at Imperial and at any other uni.
    Imperial has little support to International Students.
    (I firmed UCL)
    That sucks. Was that for Engineering? UCL's Engineering is pretty lacking compared to its other departments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yl95)
    That sucks. Was that for Engineering? UCL's Engineering is pretty lacking compared to its other departments.
    Yeah :| UCL has a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and support in general while Imperial is more, let's say, "elitist".
    Life Sciences!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah :| UCL has a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and support in general while Imperial is more, let's say, "elitist".
    Life Sciences!
    I don't think it's quite elitist as Imperial's bursary scheme is the most generous in the country and also all of its scholarships. It's just that international students aren't offered bursaries.

ReputationRep:
    IMPERIAL is a top place !!
    Name:  Z16.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  11.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    The replies to this thread are making my day :toofunny:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    As an Imperial grad, I can confirm that it is every bit as good as the rankings suggest :yes:

Rejecting Imperial in favour of Brunel is simply unheard of :rofl:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.