Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, since the beginning of Year 11 I've found Graphics increasingly hard to keep up with, especially with other demanding subjects to keep up with too. The final hand-in for all our Coursework and GCSE project is in four weeks and I (and many people in my class) are nowhere near done and I'm having a bit of a panic attack, especially as my grades so far in Graphics have all been C's or lower in the mocks, and my project itself is about a D grade at the moment, and I'm worried it wont get finished, despite me spending all my lunchtimes and staying after school doing it.

In Science, English & Maths I'm expected to get all B's as well as a couple of A's in Humanities subjects like Philosophy, and B's in all my other subjects.

Its not something I plan to take for A Level but I am worried about how it will look on my CV/records and to future Uni's and employers if I'm a GCSE less than my peers.

How important is a Graphics GCSE, and how much will it matter to Universities etc if they know I failed a GCSE and am one less than my classmates?

It would also be really interesting to hear from other people how they got/are getting on with their Graphics GCSE.

Ps. I want to go into something like Psychology, Social Research or advertising/media later on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinislame)
    So, since the beginning of Year 11 I've found Graphics increasingly hard to keep up with, especially with other demanding subjects to keep up with too. The final hand-in for all our Coursework and GCSE project is in four weeks and I (and many people in my class) are nowhere near done and I'm having a bit of a panic attack, especially as my grades so far in Graphics have all been C's or lower in the mocks, and my project itself is about a D grade at the moment, and I'm worried it wont get finished, despite me spending all my lunchtimes and staying after school doing it.

In Science, English & Maths I'm expected to get all B's as well as a couple of A's in Humanities subjects like Philosophy, and B's in all my other subjects.

Its not something I plan to take for A Level but I am worried about how it will look on my CV/records and to future Uni's and employers if I'm a GCSE less than my peers.

How important is a Graphics GCSE, and how much will it matter to Universities etc if they know I failed a GCSE and am one less than my classmates?

It would also be really interesting to hear from other people how they got/are getting on with their Graphics GCSE.

Ps. I want to go into something like Psychology, Social Research or advertising/media later on.

Trust me, you're not the only one! We're making board games and we're nowhere near done. Everyone just gets on with their own thing because we're all at different stages. I'm finding that there's too much work and every deadline my teacher's given me, I just about make it but the rest of my class don't. It sucks to see everyone struggling and happy just to get a B/C at the end of this considering the amount of work we've done.
    Our teacher doesn't even care anymore. She's always talking about how past years have failed in our school so I think she expects us to do the same. We haven't even reached revision stage! We only have 8 lessons left for revision but it's a relief to see I'm not the only one stuck. :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iqla)
    Trust me, you're not the only one! We're making board games and we're nowhere near done. Everyone just gets on with their own thing because we're all at different stages. I'm finding that there's too much work and every deadline my teacher's given me, I just about make it but the rest of my class don't. It sucks to see everyone struggling and happy just to get a B/C at the end of this considering the amount of work we've done.
    Our teacher doesn't even care anymore. She's always talking about how past years have failed in our school so I think she expects us to do the same. We haven't even reached revision stage! We only have 8 lessons left for revision but it's a relief to see I'm not the only one stuck. :rant:
    That's a relief XD It sounds like we're doing the same project too, and thats the exact same with my class and my teacher! My teacher hasn't actually taught us half of the processes and how to use the software for the project, and when we were revising for the mocks he simply gave us 2 "revision worksheets". Graphics teachers are the worst!

ReputationRep:
    I take offence to your name

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinford3)
    I take offence to your name
    Ah a fellow Caitlin! I guess it's all down to opinion... :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinislame)
    Ah a fellow Caitlin! I guess it's all down to opinion... :P
    Haha a fellow Caitlin that for once is spelled the proper way and not Kaitlin, Caitlyn, Caitlan...

ReputationRep:
    Oh thats sad,my dt is crap too

I' wondering the same because i might fail my MFLanguage

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.