Turn on thread page Beta

Bad Driving Lesson? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi all,

has anybody else had this happen to them who are learning to drive, you have like 5 good lessons in a row then you have a really rubbish one where you keep making mistakes? i did this today and it's really knocked my confidence

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course, that's part of learning and it's much better to make mistakes now than once you've passed your test, this is the way you figure out how to be a good driver, don't stress!

ReputationRep:
    Not with driving, but with my Archery. I get better and better and then I'm introduced to something new or I have an "off-day" it sucks and I just feel like giving up. But I dont. I go eat a cookie and then I return to my Archery with my head held high and I work at it until I get good again.

Just go to your next lesson with your head held high. You can do it. You've done it before. You just had an off-day. And everyone is allowed a couple of those!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Guys!

(Original post by Blondie987)
    Yes, of course, that's part of learning and it's much better to make mistakes now than once you've passed your test, this is the way you figure out how to be a good driver, don't stress!
    (Original post by donte)
    Not with driving, but with my Archery. I get better and better and then I'm introduced to something new or I have an "off-day" it sucks and I just feel like giving up. But I dont. I go eat a cookie and then I return to my Archery with my head held high and I work at it until I get good again.

Just go to your next lesson with your head held high. You can do it. You've done it before. You just had an off-day. And everyone is allowed a couple of those!

ReputationRep:
    It is expected when learning to drive. Your instructor should have explained at the beginning that there will be good days and bad days. If it was all up, up, up then learning to drive would be much quicker.

I'm sure the next lesson will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! This is me currently, all was going really well till I started learning manoeuvres and now I'm just back to being **** again

ReputationRep:
    yes, but just keeping going! a bad lesson doesn't mean you can't drive anymore. stay positive and remember what youve learnt.

ReputationRep:
    My driving has been described as 'Jekyll and Hyde'.

Don't know how to break it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it at all

I had a lesson 2 days before my test and I made some really big errors. Not indicating properly on roundabouts, being too close to the kerb/parked cars and stalling. But I passed in the real thing. Driving is very hit and miss, just try to not let one error go on through the whole lesson, easier said than done I know!

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.