The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE paramedic offer

Hey guys, last week i was offered a conditional offer to study paramedic science 2016, is anyone else on here in the same boat? i'm torn between UWE and Bournemouth (i have an interview there tomorrow) x

Scroll to see replies

How long after your interview did you hear back from uwe ?
Personally I think uwe as the facilities are amazing and it's all taught by paramedics. Can't go wrong !!
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
I got an offer from them today!!!
I heard back surprisingly just over a day after i came out of my interview! its a great uni :smile: ahh lauren!!! i might see you in September then! are you going to accept?
Original post by smellybelly1991
I heard back surprisingly just over a day after i came out of my interview! its a great uni :smile: ahh lauren!!! i might see you in September then! are you going to accept?

Yeah, I'm so excited! Moving four and a half hours away from home though 😁 Are you?
Reply 5
I've accepted an unconditional offer from UWE for paramedic science 2016 :smile: i can't wait!!
Reply 6
I am starting Paramedic Science at UWE in September as well. Were any of you on the 27th Jan interview day?
Mine was in Feb :smile: i'm in two minds about whether to accept UWE or Portsmouth..the main deciding vote is the NHS funding, does this not bother you guys? x
Reply 8
Mine was in Feb :smile: i'm in two minds about whether to accept UWE or Portsmouth..the main deciding vote is the NHS funding, does this not bother you guys? x

No, it doesn't bother me. The amount paying back each month once fully qualified isn't enough to really worry me. I didn't visit Plymouth, but had an interview there which I cancelled once I got my place at UWE, so I can't comment on their facilities, but UWE's were great. The staff were excellent and it feels like you would be getting a high level of education and experience there.

Have you been to UWE yet? How did you find it compared to Plymouth?
I completely agree, I got the feeling it was the right uni for me when i was there if that makes sense! my interview was at Portsmouth not Plymouth haha easy mistake!..but i was really impressed with it, which makes the decision even harder! Would you be living at UWE or travelling each day?
Original post by causerino
No, it doesn't bother me. The amount paying back each month once fully qualified isn't enough to really worry me. I didn't visit Plymouth, but had an interview there which I cancelled once I got my place at UWE, so I can't comment on their facilities, but UWE's were great. The staff were excellent and it feels like you would be getting a high level of education and experience there.

Have you been to UWE yet? How did you find it compared to Plymouth?

Sorry forgot to put that in a reply to you!
I'm local to Bristol so I'll just commute each day, made it an easier choice for me as UWE was where I ideally wanted to go. Ahh sorry, I had Plymouth on my mind for some reason! If they are both really good, then I can imagine it is a hard decision. What sort of things do you like doing in your free time? That would be a big factor for me as the two cities will be very different.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm local to Bristol so I'll just commute each day, made it an easier choice for me as UWE was where I ideally wanted to go. Ahh sorry, I had Plymouth on my mind for some reason! If they are both really good, then I can imagine it is a hard decision. What sort of things do you like doing in your free time? That would be a big factor for me as the two cities will be very different.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's even more handy! I'm down in Dorset so its a bit far to commute every day unfortunately, and Portsmouth is even further! I used to live by the sea when i was a kid, so living by the sea again would be lush especially at uni.. But i'm swaying more towards UWE because of the the lectures i've met and the university itself. What kind of stuff are you into in your free time? on my personal statement i said i run every day (which at the time of writing it was true) i just haven't had the time since!
I would love to live by the coast, and that is my plan once I am qualified, then further down the line look at moving to New Zealand probably! UWE did seem great, the lecturers sound like they are all highly skilled so I don't think you would regret it!
I would love to live by the coast, and that is my plan once I am qualified, then further down the line look at moving to New Zealand probably! UWE did seem great, the lecturers sound like they are all highly skilled so I don't think you would regret it!

I fell in love with UWE straight away! The facilities are easily the best I've seen and I looked at all five of my choices. I'll be living in halls as I live in the north over 800 miles away :smile: hope to see you both in September, and if you don't mind me asking how old are you both? x
My mum lived in New Zealand when she was younger and said she loved it! Oh wow, where abouts up North do you live? I'm 25..probably THE oldest :frown: and i'll still be drunk under the table ha! what about you?
Not quite the oldest smellybelly, I'll be turning 30 the day we start the course :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks!!
Who said you can't teach old dogs new tricks!!

Cheeky sh**, I hope you are including yourself in that old comment :P
HA no, I feel like a spring chicken now you've said that!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending