Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, you are already on the wrong side of your 20's and it won't be long till you are 30! Just don't take the piss too much in lectures when I have a blanket over my legs keeping me warm! Joints ache in old age

ReputationRep:
    whats that expression 'you're only as young as the man you touch' or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smellybelly1991)
    whats that expression 'you're only as young as the man you touch' or something!

That may help you, but I'm still screwed!

ReputationRep:
    But..you'll still have your blanket to keep you warm . See, that's a downside of UWE..the temperate changes from one room to the next!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in exactly the same boat! Been accepted for both UWE and Portsmouth, trying to choose between the two is impossible!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! If you cant choose between the Uni's, choose between the cities, as you are going to be living there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superedt)
    I'm in exactly the same boat! Been accepted for both UWE and Portsmouth, trying to choose between the two is impossible!
    Ahh amazing! Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Bournemouth so not far at all! Yourself?

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Bournemouth so not far at all! Yourself?
    Im in Sherborne when was your Portsmouth interview?

ReputationRep:
    17th Feb, I heard back the week later. What about you? I've just chosen Portsmouth as my top choice with UWE as my insurance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by causerino)
    Hey, you are already on the wrong side of your 20's and it won't be long till you are 30! Just don't take the piss too much in lectures when I have a blanket over my legs keeping me warm! Joints ache in old age
    I was so impressed by the facilities and lectures at UWE! Straight away I knew that's where I wanted to go!

I was quite worried that I'd be the oldest on the course (although im only 23) as the majority of candidates at my interview day where 17 or just turned 18, so I'm pretty relieved that there are others who aren't straight out of school! I'm going to be commuting from Cheltenham (it's about an hour)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amy0101c)
    I was so impressed by the facilities and lectures at UWE! Straight away I knew that's where I wanted to go!

I was quite worried that I'd be the oldest on the course (although im only 23) as the majority of candidates at my interview day where 17 or just turned 18, so I'm pretty relieved that there are others who aren't straight out of school! I'm going to be commuting from Cheltenham (it's about an hour)
    I don't think that there will be many who are straight out of school, as I was told by the course teachers that they don't really take anyone 17/18 unless they are exceptional.

I can't wait to get started now, just want to get to it. Have you all done your student loan applications yet?

At least Glenside isn't that far from the M32, I guess you are going to go M5>M4>M32?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by causerino)
    I don't think that there will be many who are straight out of school, as I was told by the course teachers that they don't really take anyone 17/18 unless they are exceptional.

I can't wait to get started now, just want to get to it. Have you all done your student loan applications yet?

At least Glenside isn't that far from the M32, I guess you are going to go M5>M4>M32?
    Yes, quite a few people in our group found the interviews tough but that could be lack of experience!

I can't wait either! Yes, I did my application last week and sent off my evidence the day after!

I wish we had access to book lists etc so that I can get nice and prepared!

I'll be commuting to the university by train as it gives me an extra hour or so of study/reconciliation time on the way home or on the way there! and then driving to placements!

ReputationRep:
    17th Feb, I heard back the week later. What about you? I've just chosen Portsmouth as my top choice with UWE as my insurance.
    Mine was on the 18th! I'm still not sure where to go though, waiting to hear from Bournemouth then i'll decide

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I think I'm firming UWE i've been torn between St George's and UWE for ages but I think UWE is for me! I'm only 17 at the moment though - I'm ridiculously terrified to be in a course with older people, everyone will have to mother me

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have my interview 22.03.16 I was hoping for for some advice as you have already sat this interview x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2017

University open days

1. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.