The Student Room Group

Girl help/ advice

I'm a 23 year old guy who is maybe average looking but I'm confident. I asked a girl out yesterday. We don't really know each other but from my work I can see into her work. She often waves when she sees me.

I've popped into her work a few times and we have a bit of small talk. Yesterday I went in and she and I got talking about uni. It was going well so I thought what the hell and asked her if she'd like to go for a coffee. Asked with a confident voice, good posture and I didn't break eye contact. Her reaction was positive but she said she was busy and didn't know when she was free so I got a maybe. We were both smiling and it was fairly comfortable.

Now, I'm stuck with a maybe. I don't see her unless I go into her work but I don't want to come across as needy or a pest. I don't currently have her on Facebook.

Advice?
Reply 1
mmmmm I'd add her on Facebook if I were you at this stage :yy:
Just leave it with her, she knows you're interested so if she wants to go out I'm sure she'll ask you out, I wouldn't push it as you may come across a it forceful, don't make up excuses to go and see her but I'm sure you will at some point and if you haven't heard anything from her, maybe just say that the offer is still open :smile:
Reply 3
Do you have her number? If not, you should have got it when you asked her out.
You kind of screwed up there buddy :/
Original post by Koss1959
I'm a 23 year old guy who is maybe average looking but I'm confident. I asked a girl out yesterday. We don't really know each other but from my work I can see into her work. She often waves when she sees me.

I've popped into her work a few times and we have a bit of small talk. Yesterday I went in and she and I got talking about uni. It was going well so I thought what the hell and asked her if she'd like to go for a coffee. Asked with a confident voice, good posture and I didn't break eye contact. Her reaction was positive but she said she was busy and didn't know when she was free so I got a maybe. We were both smiling and it was fairly comfortable.

Now, I'm stuck with a maybe. I don't see her unless I go into her work but I don't want to come across as needy or a pest. I don't currently have her on Facebook.

Advice?

Ask her a phone number newt time ! Then you'll see if she's interested or not (if she gives the number easily it sounds good, if she find excuses or some things like that.. You know ^^)

Advice?

Not really sure it was positive if she gave you a "maybe" tbh mate, but if she is interested she may always bring up meeting up with you of her own volition. If you hear nothing, maybe give it some time and have another shot later on. If its a no for a second time, best to leave it really as youll likely get nowhere

Advice?

add on Facebook and some girls like getting chased by guys so she maybe holding out to see how interested you are xx
Reply 7
Her body language was positive, she was starting conversation and carrying it on. I genuinely think I've got a shot but I get what is being said. From the outside, a maybe isn't great. It's one of two things, she's being truthful and is busy but would like to (so she should get back to me) or she's too polite to shoot me down. Either way, I'm not obsessed over her. I thought it'd be worth a shot and if it's a no, I'm okay with that.
Reply 8
Ask her again in the future. If nothing will change then move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let her come to you now since you put yourself out there. Sometimes girls feel like they shouldn't say yes right away....you know the deal.
Reply 10
So what I'm thinking is leave it until tomorrow evening to see if she makes the first move. If nothing has happened, then I'll drop her a message on Facebook and ask if she's interested there. If it's a no, I don't have a problem with that. I'll leave her alone and accept her answer and meet someone else. Obviously I'd much prefer a yes as she's dead pretty and I think we could have a laugh. But the main reason I did it was to see if I could confidently ask someone out. And I proved that I could.
Reply 11
If I were you, I'd get to know her a bit more before trying to ask her out again. You can make it casual and just ask her if she's doing anything that weekend. If she says no, ask her:smile:
Good luck!!
Reply 12
Well yesterday her and her friend were in work and were both waving across the street to me and smiling. You'd think if she wasn't interested she would of told her friend not to do that as it may encourage me. So I added her on Facebook last night. She accepted, which is another good sign. Of she wasn't interested, she wouldn't keep doing these things. She has made no attempt to put me off. I'm not going to message her on Facebook though as I think the only reason I have a shot is I was so confident. Messaging takes all personality out of it and it's always seemed a bit cowardly, hiding behind your phone.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go into her work one more time and see about that coffee. I think I've got this. If she says maybe again, I'll take it as a no and happily move on. But I'm feeling lucky.
Well yesterday her and her friend were in work and were both waving across the street to me and smiling. You'd think if she wasn't interested she would of told her friend not to do that as it may encourage me. So I added her on Facebook last night. She accepted, which is another good sign. Of she wasn't interested, she wouldn't keep doing these things. She has made no attempt to put me off. I'm not going to message her on Facebook though as I think the only reason I have a shot is I was so confident. Messaging takes all personality out of it and it's always seemed a bit cowardly, hiding behind your phone.

Anyway, I think I'm going to go into her work one more time and see about that coffee. I think I've got this. If she says maybe again, I'll take it as a no and happily move on. But I'm feeling lucky.

Good luck and tell us how it went.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Ah I got shot down. Disappointed but it's not the end of the world. I'm pleased I managed to get the confidence to ask her out properly. Thanks for your advice guys.
Ah I got shot down. Disappointed but it's not the end of the world. I'm pleased I managed to get the confidence to ask her out properly. Thanks for your advice guys.

Unlucky.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
S'all good. "The master has failed more times than the novice has tried".
S'all good. "The master has failed more times than the novice has tried".

Yes, at least confidence boost and you can move on.

[insert impressive quotation here]

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending