The Student Room Group

Plz help

im in year 9 and i was wondering what revision guides i could buy to help me for my GCSE'S im doing EDEXCEL MATHS and AQA ENGLISH AND TRIPLE SCIENCE and is there any helpful websites that can really help me
P.S: im trying to study early
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abadullah
im in year 9 and i was wondering what revision guides i could buy to help me for my GCSE'S im doing EDEXCEL MATHS and AQA MATHS AND TRIPLE SCIENCE and is there any helpful websites that can really help me

wait you're doing 2 boards for maths? da***? which board are you doing for maths, edexcel or aqa?
im in year 9 and i was wondering what revision guides i could buy to help me for my GCSE'S im doing EDEXCEL MATHS and AQA MATHS AND TRIPLE SCIENCE and is there any helpful websites that can really help me

well if you are dying to start early (pointless imo) then for triple science just buy the aqa endorsed revision guides for each subject, however due to the change in GCSEs etc, I'm not sure whether these would still be useful
Probably not...
Reply 3
Original post by thefatone
wait you're doing 2 boards for maths? Da***? Which board are you doing for maths, edexcel or aqa?

sorry i edited it i got confused
Reply 4
Original post by homeland.lsw
well if you are dying to start early (pointless imo) then for triple science just buy the aqa endorsed revision guides for each subject, however due to the change in GCSEs etc, I'm not sure whether these would still be useful
Probably not...

THANKS
THANKS

English? Do you know what you are studying for english (what novels)
Reply 6
CGP?
Personally, I think if you want to start early then you should mention this to your teachers so they can show you or tell you what would be suitable. If not, then just buy the AQA revision guides for each subject but it may be subject to change so I think you should ask your teacher first :smile: You can order of WHSmith, Amazon or just type it in google & I'm sure it will come up
ps. I think Maths watch is good for revision/recap, idk if its still useful but maybe ask your teacher that too
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by homeland.lsw
english? Do you know what you are studying for english (what novels)

we started ''the lottery'' year 9
Reply 9
Original post by studentxoxo
personally, i think if you want to start early then you should mention this to your teachers so they can show you or tell you what would be suitable. If not, then just buy the aqa revision guides for each subject but it may be subject to change so i think you should ask your teacher first :smile: you can order of whsmith, amazon or just type it in google & i'm sure it will come up
ps. I think maths watch is good for revision/recap, idk if its still useful but maybe ask your teacher that too

thnk u vry much
we started ''the lottery'' year 9

Lol do you guys not do Mice & Men, An Inspector calls anymore :frown: sadting
thnk u vry much

Anytime :smile: Goodluck with it, its nice to see you're motivated
Reply 12
lol do you guys not do mice & men, an inspector calls anymore :frown: sadting

were in year 9
ik one revision guide/workbook for maths edexcel its real thick lolololol
heres the link to get it, i defo recommend it:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GCSE-Mathematics-Edexcel-2010-Student/dp/1846900832
its 24 quid pretty expensive for just one book, but its worth it and plus its the same book I use in school lessons so if there is something I dont understand in school (each lesson is about 45 mins long) i can record the page number and focus on it in the comfort of my own home :smile:

Hope it helps x
were in year 9

LOL true, I can't even remember what they teach in which years anyhoo stay motivated :smile:
Reply 15
lol true, i can't even remember what they teach in which years anyhoo stay motivated :smile:

thank u what levels did u get
Probably like one A and the rest B's, dw you'll do great :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Studentxoxo
Probably like one A and the rest B's, dw you'll do great :smile:

ks and last q how did u revise
ks and last q how did u revise

Lol its fine you can ask more questions, I just don't think I'm the most helpful
Tbh I didn't revise much, most of the subjects were fun so I would remember the content, I did revise for Maths tho. You're rlly motivated so InshaAllah you'll get great grades :smile:
im in year 9 and i was wondering what revision guides i could buy to help me for my GCSE'S im doing EDEXCEL MATHS and AQA ENGLISH AND TRIPLE SCIENCE and is there any helpful websites that can really help me

CGP revision guides are very helpful, but don't depend on them for learning new content, after all they are revision guides :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest