Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    jus wondering how ppl found the gcse triple chem paper today...

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR triple chem and it was ok but it was harder than the biology and nothing i revised came up! After this I'm soooooooooo worried about the physics of Fri. We ran out of time in the lessons to cover the whole syllabus so theres big gaps. I just have to spend the whole of tomorrow revising.

ReputationRep:
    I found the edexcel chem paper today quite easy. Not nearly as hard as I expected it to be.

ReputationRep:
    hey yeah the edexcel chem wasnt too bad at all..but i dunno i made some real stupid mistakes like da questions where it asked what the anion ws i rote ammonia (dont ask y!lol)

wat dya get for the last calculation question?i got 0.89 sumthing like that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dust)
    hey yeah the edexcel chem wasnt too bad at all..but i dunno i made some real stupid mistakes like da questions where it asked what the anion ws i rote ammonia (dont ask y!lol)

wat dya get for the last calculation question?i got 0.89 sumthing like that...
    I got 0.893 mols for that, but it entirely depended on which of the values of the sodium hydroxide you took. If you took an average of the 2 or 3 experiments or if you used just one value, so it was truly a craptastical question as it was really unclear!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiffmaster)
    I got 0.893 mols for that, but it entirely depended on which of the values of the sodium hydroxide you took. If you took an average of the 2 or 3 experiments or if you used just one value, so it was truly a craptastical question as it was really unclear!
    yeah that number rings a bell..i reckon thats wat i got too coz i did take an avearge

hey and i totally agree the question didnt tell ya which value to take so i jus sat there and stared at it for ages!

ReputationRep:
    whats roughly an a star for chemistry triple science

i did really well in core
    full mark coursework
    but screwed up this exam so bad cause of no revision

is there any chance of an a star

ReputationRep:
    I thought both my exams went well but only got an A, and I had full marks for c/w as well... It's hard to get an A* in chem, but you never know, you could always be underestimating how well the exams actually went (like I did with physics)

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.