The Student Room Group

Are These Good A-Levels For Law?

I want to do Law but I don't like English Lit. I heard that you can do law without it if you have another essay based subject, So I've chosen:

History
Economics
Psychology
Biology

If I decide to drop one it will be either psychology or biology. Will this help me get into a Law course in University. If possible can you list 1 or 2 good law universities which will accept this at the met entry requirement grades.
Reply 1
I can't speak much about this (someone who is uni doing law might be able to advise you better), but I believe History is well regarded as an essay based subject as well and at around the same regard of English Literature, so I cannot see that being an issue for you at all :smile:
Original post by MercrutioCaius
I want to do Law but I don't like English Lit. I heard that you can do law without it if you have another essay based subject, So I've chosen:

History
Economics
Psychology
Biology

If I decide to drop one it will be either psychology or biology. Will this help me get into a Law course in University. If possible can you list 1 or 2 good law universities which will accept this at the met entry requirement grades.

Those subjects are fine, especially history. As long as you have an essay subject in there you are OK. Uni's don't require English lit anyway.
Original post by MercrutioCaius

History
Economics
Psychology
Biology

Yes, for Law you generally just need strong traditional subjects such as the ones you have stated.

I am going to apply for law with Maths History Chemistry and Biology
Yep, from my research I would say they are good choices.

As long as you have essay subjects, that's all you really need (plus good results, of course :P).

Psychology and History are both considered essay subjects.

Although I will say that I'm doing the new spec and wouldn't recommend Biology as a subject you take because you need a fourth sub, but because you need it. Maybe something like R.S. or English?

Quick Reply

Latest