Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm alexis
    I will be studying at the university of Leeds in September and I'm currently looking for accommodation. I'm looking for a high quality, comfortable en suite room that is located near the uni. I don't mind sharing a kitchen. I want to spend around £7k or less if possible. Which student accommodation or halls residences would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALEXIS120)
    Hey, I'm alexis
    I will be studying at the university of Leeds in September and I'm currently looking for accommodation. I'm looking for a high quality, comfortable en suite room that is located near the uni. I don't mind sharing a kitchen. I want to spend around £7k or less if possible. Which student accommodation or halls residences would you recommend?
    Self-Catered
    There are several! The ones that immediately come to mind are Central Village and a new one they're building that will be completed by September of this year, CitySide. Both of these accommodations are pretty much on campus, a 5 min walk to the Edge and less than a 10 minute walk to the Union.

Both also offer en-suite rooms with a shared kitchen among 5 or 6 of you, or a studio room (either on your own or shared with a friend) which will allow you to have your own kitchen. CitySide is more expensive than Central Village, but none of them should exceed a total rent of more than £6,000. However, studio rooms are more expensive so they probably will. In terms of quality, I live in Central Village and it's amazing. Some people compare it to a hotel, lol. As I mentioned before, CitySide will be a new one, and if you check out their site, it's obvious that it will be quite glamorous

Catered
    If you'd prefer a catered accommodation, there are still several options and I do believe all of them still include a shared kitchen, you just won't have to use it during the week. The ones that are located on campus are: Charles Morris, Ellerslie Global Residence and Lyddon Hall. All 3 of these accommodations offer en suite rooms, however, catered residences are more expensive than self-catered ones, so instead of your rent being approximately £130-£140 a week, it's £170-£180 a week. So, your rent could very well exceed £7,000. There are variations with each, so I would advise you to look at the pages and see for yourself. From my brief skimming, Charles Morris seems the safest option in terms of cost.

Since they're all located on campus, they're also close to quite a lot of places; Charles Morris and Ellerslie are about a 5 min walk to the Union. In terms of quality, I have been inside Charles Morris and it is very nice, so I can vouch for its quality. I have never been inside Ellerslie nor Lyddon Hall, but I hear that both are great. Ellerslie is supposed to consist of 50% international students and 50% domestic students, so it's a more "multicultural" accommodation, if that's something you'd really like to experience.

Obviously, there are several other accommodations located off campus (some not too far), but I figured this would be a good starting point. Good luck and if you have any more questions, just ask! xx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.