Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is the best way to remember various steps involved in a maths techniques ? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Username002)
    ...then others just make no sense whatsoever...
    Such as?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etjayne)
    Such as?
    Do you think the army is actually for idiots? Most positions require intellect. Also these people are too lazy to revise to help themselves, do you think they have what it takes to become a solider? And why would you hand an idiot a gun and teach them how to kill?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the army is actually for idiots? Most positions require intellect. Also these people are too lazy to revise to help themselves, do you think they have what it takes to become a solider? And why would you hand an idiot a gun and teach them how to kill?
    I spent quite a lot of time in the military myself. And then working for the military afterwards. I come from a family of four generations in the military going back to the Boer War. As my dad (Normandy landings, served from 1941 to 1946) used to say - we don't want the kids in the infantry to think.

First of, I was making a joke at the end of that post.
    Second, most positions in the military do not require much in the way of intellect. I saw what the cannon fodder were like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by etjayne)
    X
    Damn you're a cold SOB, totally agree though, seen too many people like that through life so far, and I'm only 21 :p:

Being a soldier requires a different type of discipline and skill set.

Because an intelligent person isn't stupid enough to let themselves be taught/indoctrinated how to kill. Isn't that obvious? It's like saying why do religious fanatics target idiots with the small exception of extremely intelligent sociopaths.

Regarding OP's question, if you really can't be bothered to learn the techniques well enough, and I don't see why you wouldn't since we haven't even hit March yet and it makes learning so much more enjoyable, just make sure you've memorised as many situations as possible and have covered the specification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    Damn you're a cold SOB, totally agree though, seen too many people like that through life so far, and I'm only 21 :p:

Being a soldier requires a different type of discipline and skill set.

Because an intelligent person isn't stupid enough to let themselves be taught/indoctrinated how to kill. Isn't that obvious? It's like saying why do religious fanatics target idiots with the small exception of extremely intelligent sociopaths.

Regarding OP's question, if you really can't be bothered to learn the techniques well enough, and I don't see why you wouldn't since we haven't even hit March yet and it makes learning so much more enjoyable, just make sure you've memorised as many situations as possible and have covered the specification.
    Why does everyone think sociopaths are evil...?

ReputationRep:
    Why does everyone think sociopaths are evil...?
    I never said they are. Do you think none of them are or is that a poor attempt at deflection? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sae.HH)
    I never said they are. Do you think none of them are or is that a poor attempt at deflection? :p:
    I think the inability to feel emotions and not let them affect you is rather efficient compared to other people.
    Every one always thinks I'm being argumentative, but isn't it better to see a story from both sides? Even if you agree with something, try to understand what the people who don't agree with you think.

ReputationRep:
    This is far from the intended topic of the thread. Move your conversation about phypsychopathy elsewhere other than a maths thread.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.