Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!!! I was thinking that since every other college appears to have a new thread, we could have one too to get to know each other :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have been offered a place at Greys too

ReputationRep:
    Spivo1410

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelJames97)
    Hi I have been offered a place at Greys too
    What subject? Mine is Law :-)

ReputationRep:
    I've been offered a place for Economics and Politics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna7865)
    Nice to meet you!! :-)

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! I've got a place at Grey too

ReputationRep:
    :-)
    (Original post by idkidc)
    Hi guys! I've got a place at Grey too

ReputationRep:
    Hello I have been offered a place at Grey but unsure about it as I wanted Josephine Butler so I could be self catered 😂 I'm not sure I can afford it but I doubt I can change colleges due to that 😂Oh well has anyone heard anything about grey?? Like its reputation and the social life?? Haven't really found much information?? Also is anyone studying psychology ☺️??

ReputationRep:
    pure math student here . anyone going to greys on the monday and.tuesday applicant day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amylouise5)
    Hello I have been offered a place at Grey but unsure about it as I wanted Josephine Butler so I could be self catered 😂 I'm not sure I can afford it but I doubt I can change colleges due to that 😂Oh well has anyone heard anything about grey?? Like its reputation and the social life?? Haven't really found much information?? Also is anyone studying psychology ☺️??
    I don't know much, except that it is know for having the "Best college bar" ;-)

From what I can gather, there are four housing buildings, one of which is self catered, or so I've read somewhere, but I could be wrong, so hopefully you will be able to get self catered anyway. :-D

Although it's in a modern building, it is quite traditional I believe, with gowned formals...

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've got a place at Grey and am studying English Lit I'm also going on the mon/tues open day in march

ReputationRep:
    hey I'm Grey too I'm going to tues/wed open day but don't know what to wear for a smart/cas dinner??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dea:))
    hey I'm Grey too I'm going to tues/wed open day but don't know what to wear for a smart/cas dinner??
    Hey- Im going to that open day too! I'm guessing nice-ish trousers (ilke not scruffy) and a nice top or something like that?

ReputationRep:
    Hey- Im going to that open day too! I'm guessing nice-ish trousers (ilke not scruffy) and a nice top or something like that?
    That sounds about right I wasn't sure if it was dressy enough for a skirt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dea:))
    That sounds about right I wasn't sure if it was dressy enough for a skirt?
    I'm not sure. I'm still trying to work that out as well. It should be fine as long as it's not really fancy?
    What subject do you have an offer for btw?

ReputationRep:
    I've received a place for Engineering, look forward to seeing you all in October

ReputationRep:
    I was at Grey quite a few years ago for 4 years - I go back every year for a few days, and sometimes just pop in to say hello to some people I know & have a pint or two... I think I must have really enjoyed my time there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna7865)
    I've been offered a place to study Economics and Politics and for Grey too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure. I'm still trying to work that out as well. It should be fine as long as it's not really fancy?
    What subject do you have an offer for btw?
    Law What about you? I've never been to Durham before so wanted to see it before making firm/insurance choices

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.