Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dea:))
    Law What about you? I've never been to Durham before so wanted to see it before making firm/insurance choices
    PPE but I kind of want to convert to Law in first year now (I'm not sure though). And yeah, same, I don't want to go and find I hate it or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by idkidc)
    PPE but I kind of want to convert to Law in first year now (I'm not sure though). And yeah, same, I don't want to go and find I hate it or something
    I think staying overnight will help me decide whether I want to move out or not Still not 100% sure about my course yet but I don't know what other one I would like :/

ReputationRep:
    I think staying overnight will help me decide whether I want to move out or not Still not 100% sure about my course yet but I don't know what other one I would like :/
    Omg yeah.I hate that we have to make our decisions this early like I don't know enough about anything

ReputationRep:
    Omg yeah.I hate that we have to make our decisions this early like I don't know enough about anything
    At least this open day will be cheaper than me starting the course and dropping out haha

ReputationRep:
    At least this open day will be cheaper than me starting the course and dropping out haha
    The train fair is still stupidly expesive though! (if you're coming up from the South anyway)

ReputationRep:
    The train fair is still stupidly expesive though! (if you're coming up from the South anyway)
    it's ridiculous :/ it should be fun though because of the dinner/ staying over
    I heard people go out out after the dinner so I don't know whether to bring a top/ makeup or not!

ReputationRep:
    it's ridiculous :/ it should be fun though because of the dinner/ staying over
    I heard people go out out after the dinner so I don't know whether to bring a top/ makeup or not!
    I literally have no clue, cos I don't want to be too dressed up or anything. They really don't give us enough information for it. It'll be great to meet everyone though!

ReputationRep:
    Yea Why did you pick Grey?

I literally have no clue, cos I don't want to be too dressed up or anything. They really don't give us enough information for it. It'll be great to meet everyone though!

ReputationRep:
    Yea Why did you pick Grey?
    Honestly, I can't remember. My mum told me to go catered and there's a shop on campus- I think that was the extent of my logic. You?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone going to the offer holders' days, could you tell me about it? Since I live in Italy I can't really fly over and miss various days of school...
    Honestly, I can't remember. My mum told me to go catered and there's a shop on campus- I think that was the extent of my logic. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GigiRaffaeli)
    For anyone going to the offer holders' days, could you tell me about it? Since I live in Italy I can't really fly over and miss various days of school...
    I was actually thinking that your name seemed to be italian! I'm italian too and I think it's gonna super nice not being the only italian in the college may I ask, from what part of Italy do you come from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonab)
    I was actually thinking that your name seemed to be italian! I'm italian too and I think it's gonna super nice not being the only italian in the college may I ask, from what part of Italy do you come from?
    I'm Virginia and I'm from Cesena! You? :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm Virginia and I'm from Cesena! You? :-)
    I'm Simona, from Salerno 😊 and did it actually choose Durham as your firm choice? (Parlo in inglese perchè non mi sembra molto carino per gli altri leggere e non capir nulla😜)

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't go catered I would starve haha and I liked the way it was a new enough building but had some of the formal dinners and things
    I didn't even know there was a shop!

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Once I've had the last few replies I'll most likely firm it over King's. You? :-)
    (Original post by Simonab)
    I'm Simona, from Salerno 😊 and did it actually choose Durham as your firm choice? (Parlo in inglese perchè non mi sembra molto carino per gli altri leggere e non capir nulla😜)

ReputationRep:
    If I didn't go catered I would starve haha and I liked the way it was a new enough building but had some of the formal dinners and things
    I didn't even know there was a shop!
    Basically my priorities in life are food... But yeah, I think that the formal dinners should be fun, if they live up to the hype. The only problem with Grey, really, is that they seem to suggest that some people have to share their room for a term

Heyy, I'll try and update on here if I remember, feel free to message me though!

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=idkidc;63323293]Basically my priorities in life are food... But yeah, I think that the formal dinners should be fun, if they live up to the hype. The only problem with Grey, really, is that they seem to suggest that some people have to share their room for a term

I hate the idea of sharing even though I'm sure I'd like whoever it was
    It just would be really stressful trying to live with someone you don't know :/
    Do you know what sort of time we're meant to arrive at the college on open day?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Once I've had the last few replies I'll most likely firm it over King's. You? :-)
    Same thing here, I'm still waiting to hear from Warwick and Edinburgh but I'm pretty sure to firm Durham.
    I just hope everything's gonna be fine with the entry requirements 🍀

ReputationRep:
    I hate the idea of sharing even though I'm sure I'd like whoever it was
    It just would be really stressful trying to live with someone you don't know :/
    Do you know what sort of time we're meant to arrive at the college on open day?
    Yeah- they do say that they try to pair up similar people so I'm sure it'll work out in the end??
    And I think its between 2 and 4 but I could be wrong?? I'm probably going to arrive at around 3 anyway

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- they do say that they try to pair up similar people so I'm sure it'll work out in the end??
    And I think its between 2 and 4 but I could be wrong?? I'm probably going to arrive at around 3 anyway
    I think I'll end up arriving about 11 because I'm travelling so I might just walk about the town for a while to see it before the college opens
    I really want to see what the dinner will be like/ how they'll seat people?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.